"Relax?!" He looked at my Dad in disbelief. "This bastard raped your daughter!"

The shock was on everyone's face around the room. I closed my eyes, wishing that I didn't feel eyes on me right now. Why didn't he just keep his mouth shut?

The eyes left me and the silence in the room was deafening. It was quiet, way too quiet. I opened my eyes again to see everyone staring at Adam now who looked a tad nervous. "Kimora... i-is this true?" My Mom asked.

I slowly nodded, ignoring the crawling feeling on my skin. "Yeah... t-that's why I haven't been home."

"Oh my God..." Marie covered her mouth, glaring at me. "You're lying! My son would never do that!"

Her words struck a nerve in me. "Why the hell would I lie about something that?!" I got up from the couch, balling my hands into fists. The urge to punch her was eating away at me. Her surprise was fake and she... she had to have known. That house must've been their house and she was there... hearing me cry for help and she didn't do a damn thing. My stomach started to churn. "A-And you were there... in that house, weren't you?!"

The attention to her and she froze for a minute, staring past our faces. "You and Adam were meant to be together since you were kids-"

A hand whipped across her face. "Tu as laissé ton fils faire ça à ma fille?! (You let your son do that to my daughter?!)" My Mom yelled.

"S-Shantel-"

"Get the hell out of my house!" My Dad pitched in, glaring daggers at Adam. Adam scoffed, leaving with his mother but, not before he flashed a smirk and mouthing, 'this isn't over'.

***

"Kimora, you okay?" Jaxon asked for about the tenth time along with everyone else. We were sitting in my room alone and it felt so...unsettling being in here now. I didn't recognize it. I didn't feel comfortable. The feeling of Adam's hand was all over my skin again and it didn't help.

After being around my parents, they were torn by the news and were consoling which only made me start crying all over again. They decided to leave me alone with Jaxon and here we are. With him asking me 21 questions.

I shook my head, wiping my face. "I'm not okay, Jaxon! Stop asking me that stupid question when you know the answer!"

He frowned. "Sorry..."

"No... it's fine. I'm just... upset."

"I'm here for you." He said softly, making me look to his eyes. I gave him a sad smile, intertwining our hands together. "I know... you've always are."

"You should follow your Mom's advice. Take it to the police so he can be arrested and won't ever hurt you."

"It's been weeks since it happened... I doubt anyone would think it's true." I shrugged, pausing for a bit to take in his clenched jaw. His grip felt tighter as if he was trying so hard to hold onto me.

"What is it?" He asked, drawing me back to his eyes.

"Don't do anything to him... please."

He scoffed. "What do you mean?" I flicked his nose and he flinched, putting his hand to his face. "Ow?"

"I know you and I know you want to kill him but, I can't let you do that..."

Jaxon let go of my hand, crossing his arms. "Why are you protecting him?" 

"I'm not protecting him."

"It feels like it."

I held his face in my hands. "I'm protecting you. I don't want you to get involved in anything life-threatening. He won't bother us anymore." I said trying to sound as confident as I can. I obviously didn't tell him about Adam telling me that this wasn't over before he left. I wasn't planning on it. Knowing him, he'd drive himself mad trying to keep an eye on me and plot a murder.