Soulmate ver 2

On the day of a person's 13th birthday, they will see a red string tied on their ring finger. It does not matter which hand or which ring finger, it will just appear on either of their ring fingers.

On the night of their 16th birthday, the person and their soulmate will be able to see each other's red string of fate. Most people end up going on a journey to find their fated one by following the path of the red string. Some strings were laid out straight and finding their soulmate was a smooth-sailing ride while there were the unfortunate ones whose strings would go round in circles.

On their 18th birthday, either partner will be able to feel each other's emotions as well as experience the same things the other experiences. For example, if a person accidentally get a paper cut, their partner will feel a sting on the same spot of their finger. The person would naturally start to develop feelings for the other regardless of how far they were from each other. It was the type of affection that one would naturally develop when they feel their partner's emotions and actions.

If someone were to marry another person who is not their soulmate, their fated partner's string would snap and a black ring will be burned on the ring finger that the red string had been tied on. The partner would also be in intense pain for as long as they do not get another red string tied to them.

Everyone knew that rejected soulmates would be in intense pain for as long as they live, unless they were lucky enough to be given another partner. It was said that the pain was so strong that many rejected soulmates would end up with severe depression or even worse, committing suicide. It was said that the pain felt like as though your heart was constantly getting stabbed by hundreds of knives while being burned to death every single day.

So when they saw her fingers, they could not understand how she could smile so brightly when all 10 of her fingers had black rings burned on them.