Chapter 92.2

Wei Luo turned her head back and just realized that Liuli had already handed the item over to him. No wonder he had hurriedly chased after her. She pursed her pink lips and tried to cover up the truth by saying, "I didn't buy this especially for you. When I was looking for a gift for Chang Hong, I saw this. It looked nice, so I bought it in passing." Her words only made the matter more conspicuous. She raised her long eyelashes to look at him with her large, glittering eyes. "Do you like it?"

Zhao Jie couldn't resist scratching her little nose. "I'll like anything if it's a gift from you."

Wei Luo didn't know how to reply. She slowly said, "Oh." She didn't want to seem too happy, but her lips involuntarily curved up into a big smile.

Zhao Jie placed the jade hairpin onto her palm, "Ah Luo, help this prince put this on."

He currently had an ivory hairpin on his head that looked more expensive than her gift. Wei Luo had only inserted a hairpin for Zhao Liuli once. This would be the first time she did this for a man. She straightened up and the cloak slid down to reveal a dainty and delicate body. But, she still couldn't reach the top of his head. "Lean over and lower your head more."

Zhao Jie's phoenix eyes smiled. He listened to her words and lowered his head.

One hand held his jade guan hat with a hornless dragon pattern in place and the other hand took out the ivory hairpin from his hair and replaced it with the white jade hairpin. Although this was the first time she did this, she did a good job imitating the correct form. After she earnestly scrutinized her handiwork, she curved her almond eyes, "It looks really good."

( Below are pictures of a person wearing a jade guan hat with a jade hairpin inserted to keep the hair bun in place. )

 )

Zhao Jie stared at her. His eyes gradually deepened. Before she had time to put away her smile, he hugged her and sucked and nipped at her lips to vent the emotion in his heart.

Wei Luo made a noise of surprise, then she pushed against his chest with both of her hands in an instinctive refusal.

They were on a road in broad daylight. This was a public place. Did he want other people to see them?

Zhao Jie didn't let go of her. Sticking close to her soft lips, he asked, "Why did you decide to give a present to this prince?"

Wei Luo twisted her head to hide. He caught her and lightly nipped her lips. He had an attitude of unwilling to give up until he received her answer. "Ah Luo, why?"

Wei Luo had been firmly confined by him. Her body was entirely covered by his scent. "No reason... I thought it looked good, so I gave it to you."

Zhao Jie kept pushing, "Then, why didn't you give it to someone else?"

Her thick eyelashes quivered. Her conscience was at its guiltiest. She opened and closed her mouth and was preparing to confess. But, at this moment, she saw a glimpse of a couple passing by them in an oxcart from her peripheral vision. The peasant woman was looking at them with a smile in her eyes. Her expression was mocking and teasing. Wei Luo's face rapidly became red. She threw herself at Zhao Jie's chest and pinched his arm, "Not here... Other people will see."