Chapter 71.3

The shopkeeper did his business sincerely. Seeing that she liked the jade, he didn't try to swindle her. His price was reasonable for this quality of jade. However, the price of a thousand and eight hundred coins would be extremely expensive for an ordinary person. Even if an average person didn't eat and drink and diligently worked for an entire lifetime, he or she wouldn't be able to save this much money!

Zhao Liuli didn't have a concept of money. Besides, when she left the palace today, Mama Qiu had given her a lot of money. She had more than enough to buy these jades. She had the palace servant girl pay for the jades, then she happily took the two pieces of jades into her hand and left the store without even taking the box.

At the store's entrance, Yang Zhen was standing as straight as a pine tree.

Zhao Liuli looked in the direction of the carriage. She checked that Zhao Jie hadn't come out before walking over to Yang Zhen. She held up his hand and placed one of the jade into his palms. Her little face smiled, "Today is older brother Yang Zhen's birthday. This is my gift to you."

Yang Zhen was surprised for a moment. He hadn't expected that she would remember.

"There's another piece that's mine." She held the remaining piece in her palm. She stared at him as she said, "Older brother Yang Zhen, you have to wear this every day. I'll inspect you everyday to check that you're wearing it."

His heart moved. There was finally a disturbance in his indifferent and silent eyes. He looked at Zhao Liuli with deep eyes. He tried his best to repress him emotions. If they weren't outside on a busy street and if Prince Jing wasn't sitting in the carriage, he wouldn't be able to resist bringing her close to his chest and hugging her. A long time later, he finally nodded and solemnly said, "Okay."

Zhao Liuli smiled in satisfaction.

After she sat down in the carriage again, she impatiently had Wei Luo help her put on the jade necklace.

Zhao Jie glanced at them.

She didn't tell Zhao Jie that this jade was part of a pair or why she wanted to buy it. Zhao Jie didn't ask her about it either.

*****

After they shopped in the morning, noon soon arrived and it was time to eat lunch.

Zhao Liuli asked Zhao Jie where they would be eating.

After thinking about it, he said, "Let's go to Yu He."

Zhao Liuli wasn't familiar with these restaurants and was fine with any place he wanted to go to.

A little while later, they arrived at Yu He's entrance and came out of the carriage. Just as Zhao Liuli was going to walk inside the restaurant, Zhao Jie stopped her by saying, "Liuli, there's a tofu store not far from here. I heard that you recently wanted to eat jellied tofu. The flavor that the store makes is pretty good, but they're only open until noon."

(Below is a picture of jellied tofu. Jellied tofu is similar to dohua (tofu pudding), but it has savory ingredients instead of sweet ones.)

)