Chapter 52.2

Ah Luo had already eaten half a small dish of cherries, so her lips had the sweetness of sugar. Hearing Zhao Jie's words, she curiously asked, "What did Liuli want to say to me?"

They were finally the only two people in the garden. Zhao Jie walked closer to her, took a handkerchief from his sleeve to wipe the corners of her mouth, and answered her question with another question, "Do the cherries taste good?"

Wei Luo wasn't sure she understood, so she blinked a few times before nodding and saying that the cherries tasted good.

Zhao Jie stared at her beautiful pink lips and quietly said, "This prince also wants to taste."

She thought that he wanted to eat the cherries, so she pushed the small dish towards him, "Then eat some."

The young girl had indeed grown up. When she was a child, she would innocently handfeed him candy. Now, she would only say, "Then eat some." In the end, Zhao Jie didn't eat. He stood up and said, "Ah Luo, you're an adult now. You can't let men freely enter your courtyard."

Wei Luo froze for a moment, "Liuli asked you to tell me this?"

He smiled at her with some helplessness, "What do you think?"

She was so clever. It would be impossible for her to not understand his words.

Indeed, Wei Luo understood his words. He had used Liuli as an excuse. The important point was the words that he had just said. Her eyelashes trembled. For the first time ever, she didn't agree. She refuted, "Older brother Song Hui isn't another man. We've been engaged since I was a child."

The hand that Zhao Jie had placed on the stone table tightened. He stared into her eyes.

If she wasn't here and he wasn't worried about her reaction, perhaps, he would have flipped over the stone table in the next moment.

*****

Early next morning, the hunting competition official began.

Before dawn had arrived, the sound of bugle horns could be heard on the mountain. There was a vast momentum and ear-splitting loudness as several dozens of fine horses rushed deeper into the mountain.

Wei Luo couldn't fall back asleep after she was awaken by this noise, so she simply sat up and got out of bed to wash up. After she finished breakfast, she went to look for Liang Yu Rong. Ling Yu Rong had also woken up early and was preparing to go to the rear courtyard's Zhan Yue Building to watch the hunting. Zhan Yue Building was at the back of the Jing He Villa and had a total of five floors.

(Here's what that type of building would look like.)

Standing at the fifth level, one could see the entire landscape of Zhang Xun Mountain. The field of view was excellent there, so it wouldn't be a problem to watch the hunting from there. Accordingly, many young women went there to watch the outstanding young men.