THREE, TWO, ONE - ACTION

Start from the beginning

''You're late Mister.'' She protested and Peter rolled his eyes looking back at Rita as if saying woman are all the same.

The curly haired girl, whose hair was already straight and pinned under itself to look shorter with the intuit to give her character justice, took a deep breath.

It's gonna be okay - she whispered to herself.

The backstage was as busy as a highway on rush hour. Janet and her friends from the theater company at the community center, that came in aid, were tirelessly trying to get a bunch of teenager actors into their respective character, trying to calm their nerves, trying to do the finish touches on the different scene sets - they even brought the half a red car they kept from their own GREASE take out the previous year - and trying to work out the lighting and the background music.

It was still a high school level production but Janet didn't mess around in service, in Rita's opinion, which was influenced by zero experience, it all looked like a Broadway level production. 

''Look at you!'' Lara Jean's voice made Rita open her eyes and exit her meditation. Her arms flew open and pushed Rita into a tight embrace. ''You look so good, doesn't she?'' She turned around and Rita noticed her cousin awkwardly standing in the back, with his hands inside his jean pockets.

There was a reason he wasn't the ecstatic and restless self he normally was. 

Wednesday

December 18th - Two days before the play

12:43 AM

 Lancaster residency

Peter had failed to catch her on a trust fall the previous day causing her to fall straight against the wooden flooring of the dance studio they had been rehearsing the choreography's at. A dark bruise, the darkest Rita had ever gotten, was starting to show over the pale, sensitive skin of her right leg's hip and she wanted Isaac to see it mostly because It could give the ones he'd always get from Lacrosse a run for their money. She wanted to show it off - it was like a war mark but not really.  

 The girl who had just arrived from the dance rehearsals went as soon as she stepped inside the house, to knock on her cousin's bedroom door.

''Isaac?'' She knocked softly not to wake her uncles and baby cousin up. Boris was by her side waiting too for Isaac to open his door so he could ditch his dog bed for Isaac's. Rita did think it was weird Boris wasn't sleeping with Isaac that night as he always did, the two were like flesh and bone. The girl didn't wait for an answer, and that was her biggest mistake. 

The door swung open to reveal a blonde girl sleeping on Isaac's bed and unless Lara Jean had dyed her hair since that afternoon when they went shopping it wasn't her.

Rita knew exactly who it was.

''What the fuck?'' She shouted.

''Rita be quite.'' Isaac who was laying on his black leather couch watching TV stood up so fast to shove Rita out of the room she got dizzy.

''What the fuck is Olivia doing sleeping in your bed?'' Rita slapped his abdomen with so much will Isaac balanced back two steps. ''Are you serious?'' 

''Be quite for fuck sakes.'' Isaac protested with a whispered shout. Rita crossed her arms watching her cousin with defiance.

''I swear to the god almighty Isaac.'' Rita pressed her lips together looking to the ceiling. ''I will never speak to you again if you did anything that will hurt Lara Jean.'' Her blood was boiling, she was so mad and disappointed at Isaac. For the first time in her entire life she was looking at her favorite male in the entire world with disgust.