Chapter 12

Austin Jude Heartfilia made his way into the world on a blustery November day. Assisted by Porlyusica and Wendy, with Bisca and Levy for moral support, the birth was as stress free as it could be. Granted, during the birthing process, Lucy had cursed Natsu and all human males to a painful disfigurement and death, but once the pain subsided, a beautiful baby boy was the result and Lucy, looking at her son, couldn't love him any more.

The rest of the guild, anxiously awaiting the news, let out a cheer when it was announced that "little H" had arrived! Because it was Fairy Tail, they had to celebrate and Lucy smiled tiredly at the noise from below. She watched her son sleep in the basket next to her bed, ignoring Porlyusica's advice to get rest now since she'd need it for later. She couldn't stop looking at her baby boy, his little fist resting on his mouth.

The older lady just shook her head, turning away from the scene. "Make sure she gets some rest." She turned to Bisca. "You know how to help her with feeding?"

Satisfied her job was done, the old lady shuffled out of the room after giving everyone the rare praise of "good work".

"Lucy, you did amazing!" Wendy whispered, squeezing her friend's hand. She had been shocked when Lucy had mentioned Natsu during her contractions, since she never spoke of him, but Porlyusica had assured her it was normal for women giving birth to cuss out everyone in the room. "Be lucky it wasn't you!" the old lady had chuckled.

"Thanks, Wendy," Lucy said, feeling her eyelids grow heavy. She knew she needed to let her body rest, but she didn't want to lose any time with Austin.

"He'll be okay," Bisca reassured her, knowing how Lucy felt. "We'll watch over him."

"Such a tiny thing," Levy whispered, in awe over the baby. She couldn't wait to tell Gajeel she wanted one!

Lucy finally listened to her body and closed her eyes to rest. The whole birthing process was a little hazy for her, being in pain at the time, but she did remember shouting out Natsu's name and noticing there was a collective gasp in the room. Once she had followed it with calling him a "son of a bitch" they had all let out their breaths and acted normal. Did they think she was calling out to him because she wanted him there? Certainly not! Was her final thought before she drifted to sleep. It was a shame, though, because he did help her make a beautiful baby.