Because today her friends and family wanted to celebrate her birthday, Lan You Nian pushed off all birthday parties, only wanting to get together with people who were close to her heart. Others say that she, Lan You Nian, was cold-blooded and ruthless, but what they didn’t know is that that was only for the enemy. For these people who were in the heart, Lan You Nian would exhaust everything to protect them.

“You Nian, you’ve arrived? Happy birthday!” A woman wore a tailored dress that made her look noble and elegant. It was her, Lan You Nian’s mother, the mother who has always loved her dearly. Lan You Nian’s eyes flashed with a little girl’s happiness. Only in front of her mother would she have that expression.

“Younger sister, happy birthday!” A young woman was clothed in a pink floor-length dress that made her seem delicate and beautiful. This was her, Lan You Nian’s, biological sister. Lan You Nian has always protected her well. For this sister who was much more delicate than herself, Lan You Nian had always done her best to care for her.

“You Nian, happy birthday!” A black suit set off the man’s height, made him seem even taller. The features were bright and clear, the eyes were warm, and the looks were so outstanding that people couldn’t peel their eyes away. This was her boyfriend Feng Ting.

In reality, for Lan You Nian, she didn’t know whether she loved him or not. For a woman who was as cold as Lan You Nian, for her to understand what love was, was difficult. However, Feng Ting’s goodness towards moved her to agree to Feng Ting’s pursuit and become boyfriend and girlfriend. They were not like other couples who were deeply in love; their relationship was simpler and fainter. But being used to seeking life under the sharp edge of a blade, this tranquility was very rare, and it was exactly the life that Lan You Nian has always hoped for.

Lan You Nian’s mother personally cooked a table of dishes for Lan You Nian and the family sat around the table. Lan You Nian saw how everyone cared so much about her, a touch of warmth entered her heart, driving away the coldness that existed in the darkness. Because there were people who care about her, Lan You Nian felt that all she has suffered was worth it.

“Cheers!” Everyone raised their red wine glasses “Happy Birthday!”, and an orderly train of blessings sounded in the hall.

Lan You Nian’s eyes filled with a smile “Thank you!” threw back her head and drank the red wine containing the blessing.

Everyone chitchatted. It seemed that they were working hard to make the atmosphere active. Lan You Nian being sensitive, became aware that everyone had something on their minds. However, Lan You Nian didn’t take it to heart. Everyone had their own secrets. She trusted them, so she will not interfere with their privacy. But Lan You Nian never thought……

Lan You Nian shook her head, felt something was not right.  Her head seemed to be a little heavy, and her body was weak. After all, having walked through so many ups and downs, the first reaction was that she has been poisoned.  But at this time, Lan You Nian believed that someone must have sneaked into the villa and poisoned her.

“Something’s not right!” Lan You Nian tried to stay awake and warned them, hoping they could leave as soon as possible. She believed it was an enemy who wanted to harm her. For herself, she had no concern, but here are all the people she cared for most in her heart. Lan You Nian does not want to implicate them nor does she want them to come to harm.

“Of course something’s not right, hee-hee.” Older sister’s laugh was full of ridicule as it passed through to the ears of Lan You Nian. The harsh voice was something Lan You Nian never heard before; it was much different from the voice of her older sister. Lan You Nian stared at the people in front of her with wide eyes.