“Uh… I could help you, maybe?” Liam suggested and Niall’s head snapped up.

“Really?!” he asked hopefully.

“Yeah… I mean, I got no homework today anyway” Liam shrugged.

Niall smiled brightly at him.

“Thanks mate! You’re the best! Meet me at my locker after school and we’ll head over to my place” Niall walked away with a smile on his lips and a lot of papers in his hands.

Liam smiled at the sight and turned to Louis, who had a small smirk playing on his lips.

“What?” he asks.

“You two are finally getting over the library thing, he’s taking you home”

“That doesn’t mean anything!”

“It does; Time to ravish him!”

“Shut up Lou!”

“I can almost picture it; you pushing him up against a wall and then-“

“If you finish that sentence I’m going to tell Harry about you having a copy of his schedule for two years!”

“Okay, I’ll be quiet, chill man”

But still, the image of him pushing Niall up against a wall didn’t leave Liam’s mind, and he tried his best to ignore the small tingling in his lower abdomen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“So, this is my room” Niall said and shut the door behind them.

Liam looked around with curious eyes. It was pretty messy, but it smelt just like Niall. Liam didn’t even know when he had noticed Niall’s scent, but he knew he really liked it. On the wall over Niall’s bed there was a poster of Justin Bieber.

“Nice poster” he said with a teasing smile and nodded in the direction of JB. Niall blushed slightly.

“I… He’s really good, and I… I don’t usually bring people to my room” he said with a slight blush.

“Hey, I was just teasing” Liam said and walked over to Niall’s bookshelf. There were only a few books, then there was mostly CDs and other random stuff. He saw that most of the books were Sherlock Holmes books.

“Sherlock Holmes?” He asked and looked over at Niall, who shrugged.

“I don’t read a lot, but when I do, I like to keep it by high standards.”

Liam nodded and looked down at the floor.

Niall followed his gaze and both boys spotted a pair of boxer briefs laying on the floor.

“Uh…” Niall turned red and kicked them under the bed. “You weren’t supposed to see those”

“At least not yet” Liam said, trying to lighten the mood, but his voice had lost its teasing tone and just made everything more awkward.

The tension between them was heavy and Liam searched the room for a object or a reason to change the topic.

He spotted a guitar in a corner.

“You’re playing the guitar?” he asked and pointed at the instrument.

“Yeah!” Niall breathed out, like he had been holding his breath. Maybe he had?

“Well?”

“Well what?” Niall asked.

“Aren’t you gonna play me a song?”