Choice | Raphael Guerreiro

It has been a while since Laura's 1st birthday, meaning it has been a while since Raphael is trying to win back my trust completely. You see... We are somewhere between what we used to be before he cheated and after he cheated. I don't know if I'll ever be able to forget that day, but maybe, just maybe, we can move on and leave the past behind.

Try to move on from that day isn't good just for him in order to gain back my trust, but for me as well because memory always makes me feel bad, so... Even though I believe I'll never be able to forget, I need to try and get over it.

"Nat, you'll go to the match tomorrow, right!?"
We were having breakfast, watching Laura both play with and food and actually eat it.
"Oh! The match! I completely forgot, sorry. But yes, I'll go."
"Good." he smiled down to his food and I felt an urge to hug him.
This is the problem, we are almost as we used to be, but sometimes, like at this moment!, I feel like there's no place for me to show much affection.
"Do you mind if I ask you why?"
"Why do I want it you there?" I nodded. "It's a new year, new life, first home game of the year... I have a good feeling about it and want to share with you. Both of you."
"We'll be there, don't worry. Right, Laura?! We'll cheer for dada, right!?"
"Dada!" she threw her little hands full of fruits into the air and now there's food all over the room. I know we shouldn't, but we could only laugh at her excitement just bay hearing the words cheer and dada.
"See?! Your number one fan is ready to go. Maybe we'll go without all this fruit, just to be safe." he laughed real loud which made Laura laugh too.
"I don't really care as long as you're both there."

•••••

"Laura, dada scored!!"
"Dada?" she asked turning her little head around looking for him.
"No, baby, there." I pointed the pitch. "Dada scored a goal!" I lifted her hands in the air to celebrate and she laughed repeating 'dada' over and over.
"Nat, look!" I looked up to see Jo pointing to the pitch.

Raphael was running back after the celebrations and clearing looking at me. He pointed at my direction, kissed his ring finger then blew me a kiss. I couldn't help the smile that grew instantly by the sight of his act.

"Aw Nat, that's cute. I'm happy you guys are working this out." Livie said with a smile and a sparkle of tears in her eyes. "I'll miss you all so much."
"Don't cry, Livie!" basically every WAG there said this sentence and a few went to hug her. By seeing everyone rushing to touch her, Laura threw herself at her as well.
"You'll have to promise you'll visit me someday. I'll miss you all, specially these little cuties!" she basically squeezed Laura and blew a kiss to Lars who was happily bouncing in his mom's lap.

The girls continued to talk and I let myself detach of it all and focus on the number 13 on the pitch. He made a mistake, a terrible one, everyone knows that, specially him! And because he knows that he's working real hard to gain back my trust. Ever since Laura's birthday he's been proving himself to me, whenever he has a chance.

Say no to him – to us! – is say the same as say no to myself. I was happy with him, even after he let me down, he never left and always knew he was the wrong one and never forced me into anything.

"I love him."

That's it, I can't fight back.

And suddenly all the girls were cheering and I looked up to the pitch but they were way too far from scoring.

"What?"

"You just realized you love him." I looked at her in shock. HOW? "You just said."

"Yeah, I do. He made a mistake, but yes... I love him."

•••••

"Assistance and a goal, someone was on fire today!"

"I was really hoping to score a goal today, so I could dedicate to you and maybe start our new chapter like that."
"I like the sound of it." I smiled and almost couldn't see him smiling back because he hugged me in the next second.
"Thank you, Nat. I promise you won't regret choosing me again."
"I love you, Raph. And I feel I won't ever regret this decision."

××
I made a promise to myself (even wrote down in my weekly planner!!) to get Nat and Raph in good terms this week so I could focus on Thomas for the next week (spoiler?)
So, they are good now!!! Did you like it?!
Next in line to come clear (for better or worse) is Marco and Aliz, what do you think??
See you (hopefully) next week 😘