Instagram | Manuel Akanji

I work almost ever since I can remember: doing small tasks on my summer vacations, being a sitter when I got a little older, working in cafes... Every summer since I was little I got something to do and earn my own money. Not that my parents ever denied me anything it's just a part of me who likes to be financially independent. I'm doing pretty good until now, thank you.

And for that I am so extraordinarily tired, because I've never had vacation, when I was at school and college I used my vacations to earn extra money and right after I graduate I got a proper job and I'm starting my very first vacation.

And I have no idea what to do with all this free time. I thought I would sleep at least 12h hours to celebrate, but it didn't work out because I'm already awake and it's 8am. I mean, this is pretty rebel for me, normally I wake way earlier, but it's still early for a vacation.

I got something for breakfast and got back in bed with all the blankets and my phone, ready to waste lots of time with it.

After being redirect a million times on YouTube (it's like Narnia, that's why I forbid myself to go there daily) I found myself on Instagram, looking at all these gorgeous photos, and a few awkward, I have to say. And once again, I was being redirected like crazy until I found a photo that got my attention and I went to his profile.

Dear God, congratulations, your job here was perfect. Looking at the name, apart from the wow photos, I spotted that little blue marker which means he is famous, so I can comment as much as I want and he'll never see. God, I'm so boring. My first vacation in, literally, a life time and I'm here commenting whatever on a famous guy Instagram.

Do this for today, Amalia, and then tomorrow you are going out for walks and all that stuff.

•••••

It has been just a little over one year and my vacations back then were completely different from what I envisioned.

I smiled at the cute looking couple at my phone, not caring about my surrounds all that much.

"What are you smiling about?"

"Us." I showed him my phone and he smiled back to it just like I did.

"You do have an interesting relationship with Instagram, don't you?"

"Hey! You were the one sliding into my DMs, not me."

"Because your comments were out of this world!" he was laughing hard by the memory of it.

"What can I do? I never had a vacation in my life, I didn't know what to do with the free time. Leave comments in your Instagram was kind of funny, because I thought you'd never see it!"

"How? A pretty girl leaving comments in so many pictures as if she knew me somehow, of course I would notice. And I'm glad I did."

•••••

amaliahauer

881 likes

amaliahauer It's been a whole year with you by my side and I couldn't be more happy. Seems like yesterday you slid into my DMs haha I know I left way too many comments in your photos, but I just couldn't help myself with you looking so handsome and cute at the same time. I love you, Manu, I have loved you for 365 day now and a lifetime to go.

××
And here I am again, woohoo!!
And it's getting hard to create all these new characters and stories hahaha
I even created a file on excel to manage all of them (I SWEAR!)
Let's see how it goes :)
BTW, you if you have any suggestions I'm all ears!!
See you soon! 😘😘