Home | Sven Bender

Me and Sven have been married for seven years this summer and have two incredibly beautiful children, Anni and Leon.

Seems like we are that family who stars those cheese commercials, but we had our share of bad moments until now. And since we are moving to a bigger and better house I got to think about everything that happened to us since we move here.

This house we are about to move out is the second house we bought together, when we decided it was time to raise a family. Our first house was a small one, big enough for the two of us and we decided we needed a bigger one to fill with kids, so we bought this one.

Unfortunately things didn't go as planned for the first two years.

"Mama." I suddenly heard the sweet voice of my three year old daughter. Followed by my baby boy's giggles and husband kid-voice.

"Upstairs, baby girl!" I shouted back. "Wait for papa to help you up."

She said something to hurry Sven and suddenly I heard all three of them laughing before they appeared at the door. Sven with both of our children in his arms and a huge smile plastered on their faces. I couldn't help but mirror it, see him with our babies like that was all I ever wished for.

"Mama, Papa and I and Leon went to the new house!" she said full of excitement and ran to me as soon as Sven put her down. "It's big!" she prolonged the word stretching her arms far from her body as much as she could.

"And you liked?" I kissed her forehead before she went full on nodding excitedly. I held my arms up to hold Leon while Sven lowered his to give me our baby boy. "Hey, liebe."

He placed a small kiss on my lips and sit down in front of me before getting Anni to his lap, which made her scream and Leon laugh at her. Yes, we are moving to a really big house, but I wouldn't mind live in a one bedroom apartment with these three.

"I bet her favorite part was the pool." he said tickling her.

"Papa! Mama, help me." she said between laughs.

"I'll stop if you give me a kiss." he said and she didn't waste any time in kissing his cheek and hug him real tight. I gladly watched his smile grow bigger.

We just sat for a really long time watching our babies playing together around the empty room. I crawled to his side and laid my head on his shoulder.

"This is all I've ever wished for since I met you back then."

"I'm glad I could help make your wish come true." I felt the smile oh his words and laced our fingers together. "All I've ever wished was you. Then your wishes became mine and I couldn't be happier to share everyday with you and them." he pointed our children with his free hand.

"This moving is making me really emotional, you know?!" I felt my eyes filling already. "I love here, but I can't wait to hit the new house later today."

"It's going to be a great new chapter in our lives, even better than this one we are closing here. I can feel it!"

"We do have incredible memories here, but... You know when I bake cupcakes and you seems to be the only one capable to taste my secret ingredient?!" I felt him shivering and chuckled a little.

"I don't like it, it's impossible no to notice."

"And you eat it anyway..."

"Because the cupcake is too good to be wasted."

"But you don't like it 100%."

"True."

"Same thing I feel about this house." I let out a sigh and welcomed Anni who was crawling to my arms while Sven did the same with Leon. "Are you guys tired?" I didn't get a verbal answer to that question.

It didn't take more than a few minutes for them both fell asleep in our arms. I still had my head on Sven's shoulder and his head was on mine while our arms were around the most precious things on Earth.

"Why do you say that?"

"Remember how we choose this house because it was a bit bigger and had room to start growing a family?!" he hummed. "But we couldn't for a couple years. And even if we had our two babies in this house, I still can't stop thinking about those two years."

"I don't believe we will ever be able to stop thinking about those years, Cathy."

"I know we won't, it's just... Remember when we got back home after the doctor told us our baby's heart wasn't beating?" I felt the tears falling down slowly.

"Wish I didn't, but I do." he sighed.

"It was summer, we were about to go on our holidays and celebrate our second anniversary... But instead we laid back in bed and just stayed there. There's a spot in the ground I couldn't keep my eyes off, trying to understand how and why that happened to us. It's been five years and I can still pinpoint the spot, you know?!"

"I know because I feel the exact same way, liebe. I never thought it would be so hard for us to get our little family."

"And then the second miscarriage. I began to feel like there was no kid in our future, that I wouldn't have the honor to carry a child and bring him or her to the world. And even if you say otherwise, I felt like I was disappointing you by not being able to continue pregnant."

"Hey!" he lifted his head from mine and managed to look me in the eyes. His incredibly beautiful eyes were red and full of tears. "Don't you ever say this again, you didn't disappoint me, it wasn't your fault. You wanted to be a mother more than anything in the world, and I know you would do anything to keep our first two babies, but there were nothing anyone could do, it's not your fault and I never thought it was. Please do not say this again."

"I love you so much, Sven, you don't even know." he smiled at me and I wish I could bottle this moment, even with all the tears.

"I know, because I love you just as much."

"I'm happy we had babies to fill the extra rooms. Before Anni I was seriously thinking I wouldn't be able to get to the end of a pregnancy... And not only did I get to it to have her, but Leon too."

"It was just our time, liebe, it hurts to get through what we did, but we did. And we did it together, having each other backs along the way. And now we are here, with our two healthy and happy children. I wouldn't change anything to have these two with us now."

"I feel so grown-up, spending our seventh anniversary moving to an official family house. Thanks, Mr. Bender."

"You're welcome, Mrs. Bender. Now let's move, we got to go, the new house awaits!"

××
I'm back, yay!
And how this get to 1K reads?? I'm still in shock!!! Thank you, guys 💛💛
Sven's story has been on my mind for a really long time now and I'm happy I finally managed to write it. I was inspired by a couple of daily vloggers I follow, meet Gaines & Brooks, the little cutie-pies I imagined as Anni & Leon 😍

 I was inspired by a couple of daily vloggers I follow, meet Gaines & Brooks, the little cutie-pies I imagined as Anni & Leon 😍

Hope you like it as much as I did.
See you next time 😘