After Zayn discovered that Liam stared at him, Niall glared at him and Harry tried to suppress his own laughter, he understood that the pun maybe hadn’t been appropriate.

There was a long and really awkward silence.

Until Louis saved the day by walking up to Liam and put a arm around his shoulder.

“Sorry to interrupt the intense conversation”, he said with sarcasm dripping from his voice, “but Liam, we have class in two minutes” he said, stealing a quick glance at Harry before he turned his attention to Liam’s panicked face.

“Oh shit!” without even saying goodbye, the two boys turned and walked away in a hurry.

“Oh my fucking God…!” Harry let out and stared after them with big eyes.

“What?” Niall asked with a sigh, still embarrassed after Zayn’s joke.

“Look at that ass!” Harry breathed. Niall turned his eyes in the same direction as Harry’s. “Who is he?” Harry continued, and Niall understood that he talked about Louis. He looked at his bum, and yeah, it looked pretty amazing. Not as good as Liam’s tho.

Zayn stared.

“Man, I’m straight, but even I have to admit that it’s a really fine arse!”

Harry turned to Niall.

“A pretty face AND a pretty fanny, you have to introduce us!” he said and Niall chuckled.

“His name is Louis” He grinned at his mate’s reaction to the name. It almost surprised him that Harry’s eyes hadn’t the shape of hearts.

“Is he gay?” he asked. Niall shrugged.

“I don’t know. Maybe Nina could pry” he said with a smirk and Harry gave him a hug (and those are pretty rare).

“I love Nina!” he exclaimed loudly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Somehow, Liam had started to look forward to his English and math classes. He didn’t know why. Or, to be honest, he did know, he just didn’t want to admit it to himself.

Today, he and Niall was going to meet up after school. He was a bit nervous. He wasn’t really sure what had happened; a few days ago he had been annoyed by Niall and almost hated him and now he was almost happy to spend the afternoon with the blonde. But seriously, who would ever be able to hate someone with a smile brighter than the sunlight?

Liam and Louis were in their English class, and Liam and Niall had been stealing glances at each other during the last hour. Every time they caught each other looking, they would blush, look away and smile down in their respective textbooks.

“Are you sure it was Nina you broke up with Danielle for?”

Louis whispered to him. Liam stopped his and Niall’s current staring-game and turned to Louis.

“What do you mean?”

“What I mean is that you and Horan are acting like a love struck couple”

“We do not!” Liam whispered back.

“Oh really? You stare each other down pretty hard. Just look at his goofy smile” Louis smirked. Liam looked over at Niall, who quickly looked away, face red and a wide grin on his face. Liam felt his own mouth curl up into a smile. “And look at your own goofy smile”

“Shut up”, Liam said and punched Louis lightly on his shoulder. “I’m only looking at him because he was looking at me”

“Riiight… So you wouldn’t bang him?”

“LOUIS!” Liam stared at him. Louis put his hands up in defense.

“Okay, let me rephrase myself; would you DATE him?”

Liam sighed. “No, I’m straight”

“But if you were gay, who would you date?”

“You, of course.”

“Aw, that’s sweet” Louis smiled at him, then he continued; “But it’s also completely bullshit”

“It’s not! You’re the nicest guy around here!”

“Fuck personality! Which guy in school do you think is hottest then?”

“Lou, I’m strai-“

“Yeah, yeah, you’re straight. But IF you weren’t, which bloke would you find hottest?”

“You”

“Now you’re just being stubborn. Take a look at the lad over there, with blonde hair and eyes bluer than the ocean” Louis placed his hands on Liam’s head and turned it in Niall’s direction. “Now, tell me he isn’t the cutest thing you have ever seen”

Liam groaned and shook Louis hands off his head. “Fine! He’s pretty cute”

Louis ginned in victory.

“This also explains why you used to loathe him”

Liam looked at him with a irritated look, then simply raised his eyebrow as a question.

Louis took a deep breath and started to explain; “See, you’re straight and had a girlfriend, but something about Niall made you uneasy and you started to dislike him because of the simple fact that you like him.”

Liam started to get frustrated.

“First of all, I dislike Zayn and Harry too-“

“But you always hated Niall a little bit more and, let’s face it, he’s the least irritating one of the trio”

“And second of all”, Liam continued like he hadn’t been cut off, “I was saying that Niall was cute only because you forced me to pick a guy in school, it’s not like I have a crush on him or anything, so stop analyzing!”

“Okay, I’ll stop” Liam sighed with relief at Louis words. “For now” Louis mumbled and Liam smacked him in the back of his head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“So, you’re ready?” Niall turned around and found Liam standing beside him at his locker.

“Yeah, lemme just get my jacket” Niall said with a smile before he put his jacket on and slung his bag over his shoulder. He slammed his locker shut and nodded at Liam so they started to walk together. Liam had to admit that it felt pretty cool to walk through the halls with one of the popular kids. People stared and a few actually said bye to both of them!

When they stepped out of the school Niall took a deep breath of the chilly October air.

“We’re going to the library” Liam announced and started to lead the way.

Niall really wanted to take Liam’s hand in his, but hello?! Liam would probably punch him in the face.

“So you’re not bringing me home then?” Niall asked, faking disappointment.

Liam smiled. He felt a sudden urge to wrap his arm around the smaller boy’s shoulder, but tucked his hands in his jeans pockets to keep him from doing something that stupid.

“Nope, not on the first date”

“Prude” Niall muttered and Liam chuckled. He had clearly misjudged Niall.