Liam furrowed his brows and looked over at the Irish lad beside him. What was up with him? One minute he was all nice and friendly (but annoying) and the other he was being rude… And he had caught Niall looking at him so many times now that he didn’t even try to keep track of it. This boy was clearly a mystery to understand. Not that he cared or anything, he was just some random annoying kid. 
Liam took his phone out and scribbled a quick kik message to Nina.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Niall saw Liam typing on his phone, then he felt his own buzz in his pocket. He wouldn’t check the message too quickly though, because then Liam would be able to figure out that he was “Nina”.

Harry and Zayn walked by his table.

“Having a good time there, mate?” Zayn asked with a smirk, winking at him.

“Shut up!” Niall growled and glared at his friends.

Harry turned to Liam and said a simple “Hey Liam”.
Liam returned the greeting to Harry before Niall told him and Zayn to fuck off.

Niall got his phone out of his pocket and read Liam’s latest kik;
“Guess what?! Niall is now sitting next to me in math class, seriously, I think he’s trying to make my life pissy :@”

Niall was once again taken aback by Liam’s hatred against him. All he wanted was for Liam to like him, but he seemed to annoy Liam with his mere existence!

He put his phone back in his pocket and started to fumble with his pencil as he tried to do the same tricks with it as Zayn could, but he failed completely.

The math lesson started and Niall concentrated as much as he could, but at the end of the lesson he didn’t really felt as if he had learned anything. His train of thoughts were interrupted with a small poke on his shoulder.
He turned to Liam, who was now standing up. Niall stood up as well.

“What?” he asked, Liam’s latest kik fresh in his mind.

“Did you read the first six chapters of the book as we agreed?” Liam asked with his deep, wonderful voice.

“No, I forgot” Niall admitted truthfully. Liam sighed heavily.

“We agreed to read the first six chapters ‘til today! We were supposed to meet up after school and work on the project, remember?” he ranted, looking down at Niall with irritated and disappointing eyes without patience. Niall felt the anger rise in him.

“Well, I’m sorry, but I told you that I fucking forgot! There’s nothing I can do about it now, so stop nagging!” Niall shouted, causing a few heads, including Harry, Zayn and Louis, to turn and look their way.

“What about the project?” Liam sighed.

“We’ll work on it some other day” Niall shrugged.

“What if I don’t have time some other day?” Liam asked, and Niall sighed.

“Then make some goddamn time” he muttered, then he grabbed his books and disappeared through the door together with Harry and Zayn.

Niall felt his phone buzz and saw that he got another kik from Liam.

Liam Payne: “The bonehead didn’t even read the book the that HE picked out for us! This project is going to be all on me, I bet my house on it!”

Niall angrily tucked his phone into his pocket, not responding to any of Liam’s kiks. He was hurt by the other boy’s way of judging him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liam looked at his phone for the forth time that minute. A whole day had passed since he sent two messages to Nina, but she hadn’t responded. Maybe she had lost her phone, or it was broken? What if she was hurt? Laying in some hospital in Ireland with a busted skull? Or what if she was dead?! Liam shook his head at his silly thoughts. He wrote another message to her;

“Did something happened? Are you mad at me? Please answer :( x”

Half an hour passed before his phone buzzed with a message.

Blondie Lep: “yes, I’m mad at you”

Liam stared at the kik. What had he done?

“But why?!”

Blondie Lep: “Because you are a bigoted bastard”

“what do you mean?”

Blondie Lep: “you said you didn’t know this Niall-guy, and yet you still presume that he’s stupid!”

Liam was surprised. Why did Nina care so much about Niall?
“He always act like a tool and he’s so annoying that I want to strangle him!”

Blondie Lep: “maybe he’s just insecure”

Liam furrowed his brows.
“Niall Horan? He’s the model of self-confidence!”

Blondie Lep: “how can you be so sure?”

“he always acts like he’s God’s gift to the human population… -.-“

Blondie Lep: “Exacly. ACTS. The way you describe him, he just seems very insecure. And that’s probably why he act the way he do. Believe me, I would know.”

“how would you know?”

Blondie Lep: “I’m like that myself, I’m quite popular and act like I think I’m great, but that’s just a facade. Truth is, I’m just so damn scared of what everyone would think of me, so I act like a bitch. Sure, I got real friends that I love and that love me, but /this/ side of me, the one I’m showing you, the real me… You are the only one who’ve seen this side of me, Liam…”

The sincere and self-revealing message almost made Liam’s heart ache. It was like Nina bared her soul to Liam, showed him her exposed, true self. And maybe, there was a small question; would he accept her even as he found out she was like Niall? Truthfully, yes. Because Liam cherished the Irish gal, especially after her vulnerable outing of herself.

“I’m sorry”

Blondie Lep: “it’s okay. But, you should give that Niall a chance”

Liam decided to take Nina’s advice.