Discoveries and absence

After eating I lay in bed still. The three kings had refused to let me out of it, saying I needed rest whilst also refusing to leave my side. I could barely shut my eyes as thoughts whizzed through my brain. I felt three pairs of ruby eyes on me although I knew they were slowly darkening as the kings went longer without feeding. I sighed bringing the instant attention of the three.

"Are you okay? What is wrong? Do you need anything?" I get bombarded by questions instantly from all three of my paranoid mates.

"I'm fine, it's you three that need to stop pretending you are." I spoke, annoyance lacing through my voice.

"What do you mean, mia cara?" The raven haired, usually childish king spoke with a shaky voice.

"I'm not stupid, you need to feed. Don't torture yourselves for me." My eyes softened as a loving smile absorbed my previous expression of irritation. Soft smiles slowly spread across their faces say they nodded, conceding instantaneously to my smile. Meeting like ice in the sun. It comforted me to know that they listened to me as, from what I've heard about them, they didn't really like to listen to anyone but each other.

The three lined up to kiss my forehead in turn before speeding off and leaving me to my solidarity.

The day went by excruciatingly slowly. Each second becoming more and more unbearable. Light turned into darkness although the sounds of footsteps outside my door did not cease.

I began to pace before spotting a bookshelf in the corner of the room. I allowed my fingers to caress their spines, thick layers of dust sticking to them becoming visible as I pulled my hands away again. I blew the thick grey coating from my fingers causing it to fly away like birds escaping a predator.

I gently pulled one of the ancient yet untouched books from its resting place holding it firmly to my chest. I pulled it away after embracing it, flipping to a random page only to be shocked by what I came across.

A/N Sorry it is so short I have been overwhelmed with schoolwork. I will try to update more frequently and with longer, better chapters.