Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"Go! Get to class everyone! The bell has rung!"

"Have you noticed that Mrs. Reynolds has been more impatient after her surgery than before?"

"Once again, M.J, she's old," Emma smiled at me, and I smiled back and shook my head.

"Hey, there's Laura, talking to Mr. Anderson," Sarah said pointing to room 904.

"Wonder why," mumbled Rachel.

"Come on, come on, kids. Let's go, you're late for class!" We ran towards Miss Mendoza's class. "Rachel, Sarah, Mary Jane, Emma, would you like to go down for a late slip?"

"No thank you," Rachel replied.

"Alrighty then, take your seats, don't keep me waiting."

We ran past the rest of the class, quietly, and took our assigned seats.

"Geography, Geography! What to do for Geography?" our teacher sang.

"Wow, it would be very embarrassing to be her kid," whispered Emma.

"Emma, what's that? Do you mind letting all the class know your idea, please?" Miss Mendoza seemed like she was mocking Emma, in a way, she always does.

"Oh, I, uh," Emma was thinking of something to say. "I just was hoping to- that we could play that Jeopardy game again."

Sarah, Rachel, and I tried to hide our laughs.

"Oh wouldn't we all? Emma, if school was all fun and games we would have never passed kindergarten. So that's why I put together a little two page quiz for you to do," said Miss Mendoza, walking over to her desk.

Emma looked nervous. "Only for me?"

"Oh what fun would it be if I only had one test to mark?"

No one really understood what she was implying. We all looked confused.

"Children, it's sarcasm! Yes, we aren't in kindergarten, but lighten up! You will all have a test today!"

Everyone's mood changed from confused, to disappointed.

"Andrea! Distribute these for me, please."

"I will go over the questions with you. Number one, in which country are tornado called "Cyclones?"

After she finished going through all the questions, she asked, "Is there any questions?" The teacher looked at the only hand that shot up in the air. "If you are going to ask me for the answers, you can take your test, your desk, and your attitude to the office!" Tony slowly lowered his arm. "Ok you have thirty-five minutes, if don't finish, those answers will be marked wrong. If I hear you talking you automatically fail, am I clear? You may begin."