Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Yes, all of us were heading down to the office, for obvious reasons.

"Oh wow, Jack and four other girls? What happened here."

"Trust me, Principal Willliams, I wasn't just me." Jack mumbled.

"Of course, why would I have five in my office is there was only one trouble maker?"

"Witnesses?" Emma said quietly, and with the look the principal gave back, she shut up.

"There have been many people in my office lately, and the reason is that the fight was started because of personal reasons. You all know there are different 'Cliques' in this school."

We nodded.

"Name me one, Sarah."

"The popular group, Sandra Jess, Olivia Nelson, Hanna Bell, and Mia Davison," Sarah replied.

"Yes, okay, and would you consider yourself, Sarah, in their group?"

"No."

"What about you, Marie Jane?"

"Um, n-no," I said, realising the stutter about five seconds later.

"Ok," Principal Williams continued, "I have arranged for a special organisation to come in next month and help the students in our school get to know each other. I don't mean going out to have lunch to fool around. I mean we are going to have you step out of you comfort zone and tell an assigned group of people, not you friends, who you really are. Rachel is going to tell her group why she is feeling this way, what makes her react that way." I could see tears in Rachel's eyes. "Jack is going to say why he does the things that have him sent here to my office every week. No one is going to say, 'I don't know why,' because that is a lie. I bet there is something going on in everyone's family that we can dig out out you, that will make at least three other people feel depressed and sorry for you, even make them want to cry.

So, I will not give a detention, because on that certain day you will all feel something you have never experienced before. Go. Get to class. Oh, and the rest of the school doesn't know about this, you can tell them or not. None of the teachers know either, no one will know until that day."