Chapter 4

"Hello Ciel... I'm back." I said tears filling my eyes as I stood just inside the doorway of the office. Ciel slowly made his way around the desk, walking even slower up to me, examining me head to toe.

"Is it really you...?" He asked, sounding so much more fragile than the voice I had just heard. His big blue eye was shocked and confused, as he slow and shakily wrapped his arms around me, burying his face in the ruffles of my dress. "I knew you couldn't be dead... Lo.." He said with a very faint trace of a smile.

I dropped to my knees, hugging him to me like I would lose him again if I even loosened my grip. Tears flowing freely, as I kissed his head over and over. "I'm so sorry.. I should have saved you first.. in the end I couldn't save anyone..." I whispered gripping the fabric of his jacket. "I'm just so glad you're alive... I couldn't live with myself if you died.."

Ciel pulled away from the hug gripping my arms. "You'll continue your job as my caretaker, Sebastian will show you to your room and introduce you to the other servants... and I'll call my tailor to make you a dress." He said not really smiling with his mouth, but with his eyes... I could see he was happy.

I nodded and stood up knowing he had work to do. "Miss Luis, if you'll allow me to show you to your room." Sebastian said gesturing to the door as Ciel went to sit back it his desk, closing it behind me. "Now tell me.. this morning you told me your name was Luis, though Tanaka and the young master call you Lo."

"Ciel gave me that nickname when he was little he couldn't pronounce Luis so he called me Lo, and it must have caught on to the rest of the house hold because soon everyone called me that." I said with a small smile walking down the steps behind him.

"That was quite out of character for my master... to embrace you like he did. You must be very important to him." He said smirking at me. I just shook my head, looking down linking my hands in front of me as I walked.

"This will be your room." Sebastian said opening a door to a rather large room for a servant, with a dresser and full sized bed made and ready to be slept in. "Shall I introduce you to the other servants?" He asked standing outside the door a hand placed over his chest as he bowed. I nodded and stepped out of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We walked into the kitchen where a maid with large glasses was getting down plates from a cabinet and a chef was cutting up vegetables. "Ah.. we've caught them on the rare occasion that they're doing what they're suppose to.."

"Ah! Oh hello Mr. Sebastia- AAAAHHHH!!!" The maid tried to say before the stool she was standing on wobbled causing her to fall, breaking the plates she was holding. "Oh! I'm so sorry I am!!" She yelled spazzing and trying to clean up the mess.

"Oi Mey rin! Are ya gonna do this every time?" The chef asked pulling out a flame thrower and turning it on, burning the vegetables he was chopping as a boy with blonde hair walked in carrying a large box. " 'ey Bard, I got you some mor-"

"What?!" Bard interrupted hearing his name turning his flame thrower on the boy.

"AAAAHHHHH HOOOOTTT!!!!!!" The boy screamed, the whole room erupting in chaos. Sebastian sighed placing two fingers on the bridge of his nose.

"Enough, all of you.." He said in a stern but calm voice, making all three of them sit on their knees.

"Sorry mister Sebastian!" They all said in unison. Bowing their heads as I stood wide eyed as the craziness Sebastian was able to settle with the slightest of ease.

"Now, I have some one id like you to meet this is... Lo." he said with a smirk as he said me nickname. " She will be the new head maid and care taker for the young master." He said with a smile.

"It's a pleasure to meet you..." I said bowing slightly, smiling at them.

"She's so pretty!" The boy said with sparkles in his eye. "I'm Finny! Im the gardener!" He said excitedly.

"An' I'm Baldroy, the chef!" He said proudly pointing to himself with his thumb.

"An' I'm Mey-rin.. the housemaid.." She said shyly twiddling her thumbs.

"'Ey.. your right Finny! She is quite the looker!" Baldroy said getting close to my face putting his chin between his thumb and pointer finger, making me flinch and hide behind Sebastian gripping his sleeve out of habit.. I would always hide behind Master Vincent like this when he would bring me to balls and party's.

Sebastian chuckled shielding me with his arm, flashing Bard a look that made him run behind Finny in fear, but when I looked up at him he was only smiling. " Now.. I shall go call our tailor.." He said motioning me to follow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After calling the tailor Sebastian gave me a few chores to do wile he made lunch, telling me to keep an eye on the others... So I was cleaning up the library putting misplaced books in the right places, dusting here and there.

"I had a feeling you'd be in here.." I heard Ciel say from behind me, making me jump.

"What do you mean? I'm just cleaning."

"You always clean the library first, then the dining room, then the kitchen, then the office and after that anything you see that needs attention." He said sitting in an armchair.

I just laughed and shook my head sitting in the chair across from him as he stared off into space for a minute. "Where were you that night...? You left me in my room and never came back.. wile the manor was burning down.. I was looking for you, screaming your name but you never replied.. you always heard me.. no matter where I was you would come running why didn't you?"

I looked down at my feet feeling that I was on the verge of tears. "I.." I said but then I heard Sebastian's voice loud and clear like he was right next to me telling me he needed me in the kitchen. "I'm coming!" I replied standing up and bowing slightly at Ciel. "I'm sorry, I have to go." I said turning to the door.

"I didn't hear anyone call you.." Ciel said sounding confused.

"Really? It was like he was right next to me." I said but shook it off. "I'm sorry." I said and kissed his head before walking out.