My heart starts racing, it doesn't feel real. What if I'm in a dream? Feeling overwhelmed and paranoid I stupidly reach around to my side and pinch myself with my pointer and thumb nails.

"Ooh," I jolt and my phone starts to ring.

"Holã chica!" Sasha says.

"Heey," I answer.

"Trying to meet up later tonight? I feel like we haven't lit up together in a minute?"

The thought of the pungent aroma from marijuana tickles my nose.

"Damn it has been a minute... When I get back, it's going down."

"Get back, where you at bitch?"

I laugh, feeling like I'm on Cloud Nine.

"Adeen rented a beach house out of town, we'll be here for the next few days."

"Well then, I see why you ain't trying to chill with boring ol' me."

I smack my teeth and scoff, "oh please whatever. You know I got you the day we get back."

"Yeah, yeah," she says. "How was grad night for you?"

"Good, uh Tee was there, no drama, didn't trip on stage so that's a plus. We came here right after. What about you? I texted, you musta been too far deep in the turn up."

"Yeah sorry I didn't back to you, Terrance kind of kidnapped me for the night," she giggles. "Remember when I said he was acting weird? He was actually setting up a romantic dinner in the mountains."

I gasp, "that is so sweet!"

"I knoow," she gushes. "And I was so ready to break up with him, but girl, he put together everything, perfectly! He asked my parents' permission, which that right there is impressive on its own. When we drove up the mountain, soft music was playing, rose petals were sprinkled, pillows and blankets set on the grass, he brought a cooler of wine, fruits and sandwiches. Giiirl, I'm telling you, I've never felt that special in my life, this nigga got me spent! We hunched like all night, Lee when I tell you all night, we went from the grass to on top of his car, in his car. Mm-mm-mm!"

"Damn," I laugh. "Well shit I would've ignored me too."

We both go on laughing then my phone starts to beep.

"Oh, let me call you back Sash, Adeen's calling."

"Better call, I got more stuff to tell you," she says then hangs up.

I answer the call from Adeen, "hello?"

"Hey baby," he says and my heart does a flip. "Do you mind doing me a huge favor? I wasn't thinking when I left to get the boat. I should've brought you along so that you could drive the car back. If you just walk up the beach in the opposite direction we went last night you'll approach a jump off dock in maybe half a mile. Get on the main road as if you were to walk down the dock, there's a parking lot there and the car is parked on the far end. I left the keys inside, the doors are locked but you'll be able to unlock it after you download the Onstar app on your phone. I'll text you the information to login."

"Uh, okay," I reply.

Something starts up on his side and he starts to shout to be heard.

"I'm sorry, I should've just thought to ask you to come in the beginning."

"No it's fine," I say reassuringly. "I'll download the app on my way to the dock and if I have any issues, I'll call you."

"Thank you and if I can get out of here any time soon, we'll go on a ride."