VII

Her lips were soft.

He stood stunned for a few seconds before he felt her mouth moving against his own. It was awkward at first, their lips fumbling together as they tried to find a steady pace. His pulse was rushing. She was shaking. He wasn't thinking straight; he wasn't thinking at all.

Once she opened her mouth, he was a goner.

His tongue weaved between hers and they danced in almost perfect harmony. He groaned as he brought his hands to either side of her face, kissing her with everything he felt. He wasn't even sure what he was feeling but it was enough to spark his entire body.

He pulled away first with a pant. He tilted his head back and kept his hands on either side of her face. Her blue eyes opened slowly and he watched the recognition of what she had done wash over her face. Her eyes grew wide and she brought a hand to her lips; he wondered if hers tingled like his still were.

Their eyes remained locked before she lowered her hand and kissed him again. This time, it wasn't hesitated. She moved almost in slow motion. Tilting her head toward the side as she latched her lips onto his. They kissed another like it had been something they did a million times before.

Her hands were in his hair and his seemed to be everywhere on her that he could touch without thinking too much about it. He felt the soft curve of her small hip. He felt the smooth lace beneath his fingertips. He felt their hearts starting to beat together as one.

He never felt like this before with a person. He never felt this ignition in his bones. He never felt passion creeping up his back and into his fingers at the mere touch of her skin.

It drove him wild.

It consumed him.

She pulled way this time with red lips and tinted cheeks. His hand remained on her hip and he wasn't sure if he was even breathing.

It was as if time had stopped. He watched whatever was between them change right before his eyes. This wasn't anything ordinary, this wasn't something he could get rid of. This was an addiction, a craving that couldn't be contained by anything other than the girl before him.

He lowered his hand and weaved it between hers. It was different than before. This time the simple contact from her hand made him feel everything he had felt with his lips attached to hers.

He didn't say anything as they walked toward his car. He opened the door for her and watched her settle in. He stood still and she turned her head in confusion at the fact that he hadn't moved. He couldn't answer her with words because he wasn't good at words and he wasn't good at saying what he was actually feeling.

So, he bent down and kissed her again. She sat up straighter and brought a hand to the side of his face as if she was consumed as much as he was. When he pulled away she remained close to his face, a brief smile on her face.

"You're not what I expected." Her voice was tender and her lips were swollen.

He couldn't find his voice. He wasn't sure if it was shock or the fact that this entire situation was not something he saw coming, if at all. He never thought he would feel this way about a girl and he wasn't even sure what the hell was going on with him. He repeated the words back to her and watched her lips turn up into an even bigger smile. He lowered his head and shook it at her before he glanced at his worn out boots.

He glanced at the shiny shoes on her feet then back toward his own. The last time he got a pair of new boots was last winter and he didn't even want to think about how long he had the pair before.

He glared at his shoes.

He turned his head up and glanced at her. Her brow was fused and her hands were folded in her lap as she watched him. She probably saw whatever just happened flicker over his face.