16

Minho had eventually fallen asleep, so we were now laying down on my bed. I, however, was still awake. I had my arm up by my head, still a little teary eyed. I was wide awake, despite how much I wanted to go to sleep. My thoughts were keeping me awake. Was Jackson okay? Should I try to apologize to my brother? Do Taemin and Onew know about this? What about Key? Then there was a knock on the front door. I heard it click open. "What are you doing here?" "I just want to see (Y/N)." "No." "Please, I need to talk to her." "Give her some time. She is upstairs right now crying herself to sleep in Minho's arms. All because of you." "In... Minho's arms...?" "Yeah, now I suggest you get outta here before Minho comes down here and beats you to shreds." "Have you forgotten I'm the leader of a gang?" So it was Junfei. "Jesus Christ, read in between the lines. Go away!!" With that I heard the door shut and footsteps come upstairs. I shut my eyes. "(Y/N)? You awake?" "Yeah..." "So you heard that whole thing?" "Yeah.." "Do you want to talk to him? I mean, he's not here, but from what I'm guessing he's still outside." "Sure... I'd rather us have a goodbye than us fight and never talk again." I slid out of Minho's arms and walked downstairs. I went to the front door, and opened it. Sure enough, there was Junfei, sitting on the front steps of the dorm...crying? I sat next to him. He didn't even look up at me as he started to speak. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said those things to you. I shouldn't have let you run off into the woods like that. I shouldn't have punched Jackson. I shouldn't have picked a fight with you. I shouldn't have run away from home ten years ago. I shouldn't have started a gang. I shouldn't have killed hundreds of people. I shouldn't have ever brought myself back into your life. I shouldn't have done anything to hurt you. I shou--" "Junfei." He looked up at me. I wiped the tears from his cheeks. "I accept your apology, but I don't want to keep seeing you. It's a distraction from my training. I can't keep losing the people I love because I hang out with you. I love you, but I don't want to see you again. Or any of you. Even Gyensae." His eyes grew wide. "Gyensae? (Y/N), why? He's crazy about you. And he already moved out anyway. He bought an apartment. He... he loves you." "I don't want to have any history of the gang. I want to forget I ever met you. I want to forget about the gang. I can see you all at Mom's funeral and say goodbye there." He sighed. "Don't do this to Gyensae, please. He loves you so much, (Y/N)." "And I love him. It's just, I don't need to think about the gang." "Then don't. Gyensae isn't in the gang anymore. He left. He left for you. He wants to have a future with you. He wants to have kids with you. I beg of you, don't do this to him." I sighed and looked up and the sky, which had no stars in it due to the light pollution of the city. "I love him. But I don't know. I don't know if I'll be able to look at him without thinking of you. I don't want to be reminded of you, as cruel as that sounds. I don't want to think about the gang. I don't want to think about what you've done with your life." "I understand. Give it a chance. He's crazy about you. I had a feeling he had a crush on you. We couldn't get through a conversation without him mentioning you in some form or fashion. Don't give up on him, (Y/N)."

I walked up to my room. I just got back from training. I could hardly focus on what we were doing after what Junfei had told me about Gyensae. I haven't talked to him in a while. He hasn't contacted me, and I understand why. If he had a fight with his brother so bad to the point where they lost ties, I'd give him some alone time too. As if on cue, my phone rang, and a picture of Gyensae came up. He had whipped cream on his nose. I smile every time I see it. I picked up. "Hey.." "You gave me a heart attack. Why haven't you called me?" "I love you, Gyensae." He stopped talking, I'm guessing I took him by surprise. "Gye--" "I'm texting you my new address. Can you come over?" I looked at the clock. 4:13. "Yeah as long as I'm back by curfew. Taemin and Onew are pretty strict about coming home on time. Onew says I need my beauty sleep." "Can you sleep over here? I got a queen sized bed and I wanna cuddle with you... I miss you." "Yeah, I guess I can walk from your place to training. I'll be over in a few, love you." "Love you, too. Be safe coming over, kay?" "Okay." Gyensae ended the call. I looked at the address he sent me. I grabbed my mini backpack with everything I need in it (charger, earbuds, a book, a deck of cards, a sketchbook and pencils, money), and my phone before walking downstairs. Minho was on the couch. I heard him pause the television. "Where're you going?" "I'm staying the night with Gyensae tonight. I'll be back tomorrow afternoon after training." "Hold up." I looked over to Minho. "Yeah?" "Does he still live at that warehouse with your brother?" "No, he left the gang." "Oh, okay. You're free to go then." He chuckled after he said that. I smiled and walked out the door as I headed towards the given address. 

I was led to a darker part of town, which is understandable for someone trying to keep a low profile. I knocked on the door marked number 236. Floor 2 room 36. I sighed as I waited for a response. Sooner or later there were quick footsteps on the other side of the door. It opened, and the chain on the door was keeping the door from being opened all the way. "H-hello?" "Uhh... hi?" "Who're you?" "Your girlfriend...?" "I don't have a girlfriend." I stopped talking. "You're not Gyensae?" "The kid who just moved in across the hall?" "This isn't room 236?" "No, my door number is broken. Gyensae hyung is across the hall." He pointed across the hall. "Oh. Sorry, thank you." "No problem." I walked across the hall and knocked on Gyensae's door.

I was laying down on the bed with Gyensae telling him the story about his neighbor. "I noticed that too. Everyone in the building came to stereotypically welcome me to the building, and went on and on about how everyone wants to be in the city nowadays. Then someone brought up Creeper McCreeperson across the hall and said how he rarely ever comes out of his apartment." "Huh. He was pretty friendly to me. Maybe he's just antisocial. Or maybe he's super tall, like 6"7', and doesn't want to be stared at. I doubt he's that tall though." Gyensae chuckled. "Doesn't training start late tomorrow? It's Saturday." "Oh, yeah. They want us to be able to sleep in." "Yay, more time to be with my lovely girlfriend. I'm gonna make you pancakes for breakfast, okay?" I chuckled. "Okay, Gyensae."