Chapter 114

I woke up the next morning with a crick in my neck, but I still felt refreshed nonetheless.

As a test, I snapped my fingers and sighed in relief as fire instantly appeared in my hand. I tried to wiggle my way out of the cot I was laying on, but a certain kaitrit kept me from getting up.

"Luna, can you please let get up? I really have to go use the restroom..." I asked her.

"Mmm-oh sorry," She mumbled.

After I got up and relieved myself, I stretched to get the kinks out of my muscles. Just to test my reserves again, I focused on a rock by my foot and blinked it behind me. Thankfully, it worked. I walked back over to where Luna was still resting and shook her gently.

"Yeah?" She mumbled.

"When you're awake enough to function, get ready to leave. We'll be heading back to Myren Thalor within the hour."

She nodded: "Okay. I'll try to get Sylvia up."

I passed my message along to my fellow team members as they too began to wake up. I then walked over to the building where the remaining guards and civilians were housed. I entered the building and was greeted by Captain Hudson.

"Y-You're alive," He stammered.

I smiled, "Yeah, I know. It's a long story. Did you lose any guards yesterday?"

He shook his head: "A few were injured, but they survived."

I nodded, "Good. Gather the surviving guards and civilians and follow me. We're going back to Myren Thalor."

"We are?" He echoed.

"Aye, we are." I confirmed, "I'm sorry, but this city is not safe for you and your fellow survivors to stay in right now. You'll all be safe in Myren Thalor."

He nodded, "Alright...give me a moment. I'll let everyone know we'll be leaving, then we'll be ready."

"Take your time."

Ten minutes later, a group of nervous elves stood before me as they held onto the belongings they had left.

"Is everyone ready?" I asked them gently.

They nodded in response.

"Then let's get moving."

I led Hudson and his group of survivors back to my team. When we got back to the impromptu camp, I helped my mother stand up and hurriedly blinked in one of my shirts, a pair of my pants, and a pair of my boots so she could clothe herself.

"I know it's not the best solution, but it's all I can do for you right now mom." I told her: "You can go change in one of the nearby buildings-at least you're almost as tall as I am..."

She nodded as she wrapped my cloak tighter around herself: "Thank you Helix. I'll...be back in a few moments."

"Alright mom."

Five minutes later, my mother appeared again in the white tunic, black pants, and black boots I had lent her. My clothing was baggy on her, but at least it kind of fit her.

"I'm ready to go back to Myren Thalor," She told me as she walked back over to us.

Nova gawked at my mother's lupine ears: "Wow...I shouldn't be surprised that you're a lupan, but wow."

She smiled, "You're Nova, yes? The lovely individual my son considers his sister?"

My sis nodded, "Aye, that's me. Are you...okay with him considering me his sis?"

The Blackwyrm Chronicles #2: My Little Campaign of Carnage Gets out of HandOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara