Thomas Weiss

It's annoying to have all these people take a picture and cling to me. My skin is burning from all their contact and it doesn't help that I don't have my phone and Nic is nowhere to be found. I've been wanting to call him since I've stood here three hour ago. I didn't get to see him in the morning because I was immediately pulled by my teammates. They don't even have the decency to wait for me until I have left the parking lot and entered the school. Such d-bags. Even Viv and Carol are busy so I can't ask them to find Nic for me. I'm also worried that he's alone somewhere, maybe in the library since he didn't want to join a club. I don't want him to be lonely and feel out of place specially since I don't think he actually has any friends beside us. 

What I found out about Nic these past few weeks that we have been with him is that he can be cautious and shy as well besides being witty and a good conversationalist. Many times he'll just keep quiet and be on his world while Viv, Carol and I talk about things. It's not because we talk about things only the three of us know but more because he's just someone who'd rather listen. He'll join when he finds it comfortable just that, those times are lesser than the times he just stay silent. 

I was worried before, thinking that Nic doesn't find us good for him but I soon got to understand him when he told us he was really thankful to have met us and that we're nice to be with. Let's just say my admiration for him is still going strong. We've hanged out a lot after classes. He'd also watch my practices with Viv and Carol, making me nervous during the first time. Coach wasn't happy and my treasure box of embarrassment has been excessively filled. 

Going back to my current situation, nothing's changed. The line's not even getting shorter. This isn't even a kissing booth. Will dyeing my hair make people like me less? I don't really think they're in it for my skills on the field. No one's even asked when's my first game.

"Weiss, let's switch!" Parker, dear man, you're a savior from the heaven.

"Thanks, dude. I'll be around if you need me."

He snickers. "Yeah, having a campus date with the adorable Nic Pearson?"

I scowl at him and throw my towel to his face. "Shut up. Just do your job."

"You don't think I'd make my girlfriend jealous because of this?"

I forgot he has a girlfriend. "You better warn her now or there'd be hell."

"Nice."

Without looking back, I make my way to wherever it is that my feet brings me while calling Nic to find out his whereabouts. 

"Hey." I missed his voice.

"Hey. Parker saved me. Where are you? Let's eat lunch."

"I'm with someone, wait." What? Did I just hear it right? "Is it ok if Josh joins us?" Nope. Who the hell is Josh? Where the heck is he? 

"Yeah, sure." Not really but I want to meet you ASAP so whatever.

"Great! Where are you? We'll go to you."

"Let's meet at my car."

"Ok, see you."

"See You."

Don't tell me he met this Josh person during the three hours of my stay in that forsaken booth. I pray that he's not someone handsome enough to make Nic question his sexuality. I'm already trying so hard here and a competition is the last thing that I need.

As I walk towards the parking lot, I can feel my steps getting heavier. I'm afraid to face the reality; that Nic is not just mine to appreciate but also Josh' now as well. I want him to have other friends, I don't want to be selfish and claim him as mine alone but the thought of someone else finding Nic nice and attractive scares the shit out of me. Maybe I should focus on the fact that Josh is a boy and that Nic is actually straight.

"Tommy!" There goes his sweet voice.

I force myself to look up and finally see him. "Nic." I look at his left and is surprise to see who's with him.

The guy's the exact opposite of me. He has black hair and big, blue eyes. His skin is so white, he can rival Nic. He's also not exactly tall, about 5'3 making him incredibly innocent-looking. I'd call him adorable but Nic is my kind of adorable. This guy is cute, a baby kind of cute. 

"Tommy, this is Josh. I met him awhile ago."

Josh looks up at me, literally looks up and smiles widely. Damn, I'd want him as my child if Nic's going to be the other father. "Hi! I'm Joshua Campbell. Like Nic and everyone else, you can just call me Josh." He offers his hand for a handshake which I return cautiously. 

Nic laughs at us, obviously finding me the funnier one. "Hi. I'm Thomas Weiss. You can call me Tom."

"Boy, Nic said that you are nice but I didn't know you are this nice." 

"Really?" I smile, feeling good that Nic talked about me and that he finds me nice.

"Yup. Oh, I can sit at the back so Nic can sit with you in front." Now I'm regretting not liking Josh earlier. The kid's pretty kind.

"Will you be fine there?" Nic asks him, making Josh look at me. 

I raise an eyebrow at him. 

He smiles a little then nods. "Of course!"

When we arrived at the diner, I let Nic walk ahead a few steps, to talk to Josh.

"Tell me what was that about kid."

He giggles. "Nothing. Everybody knows you like Nic."

"What!?" I am that obvious?

"Don't worry I didn't tell him. Nic is really nice and you're nice too so I think you're a good match but-"

"But what?"

"Is Nic gay?"

"No."

"Oh."

I know. 

"That's fine, if you're meant to be, you'll find a way to be together."

"You believe that?"

"I do." 

This time, I actually smile at him. Josh isn't bad at all. I can see he likes Nic, a friend kind of like. I guess it's not bad to be nice to him too. Nic's friend is a friend of mine as well. As long as they don't develop a crush on him. That, I can't tolerate.