Chapter four:The Man behind the Mystery

So here I was, head first into some good-smelling dudes chest with the twigs watching and by the looks of it, live streaming. 2 held out their phones while one, Aubrey, just laughed and pointed. I felt my ears burn. Then I felt two massive arms wrap around me. I looked up and I was surprised to see the boy there.
He had brown messy hair that stuck out everywhere and dark brown eyes and chocolate skin. He was a few inches taller than me and very very muscular. But that's not what surprises me, what surprised me was I knew this dude. And he must have knew me to because he instantly pushed me away only to pull me back into a run crushing hug.
        "D.T. Holy crap I've missed ya" his voice had gotten lower but he was still the same man. People noticed the scene was over and cleared the hallway, bored about the lack of drama. Well, everyone except the leader of the twigs.Aubrey.
       "Okayyyy slow down. How do you know the hottie" I laughed at Aubrey's jelsousness but quickly shut up, clamping a hand over my mouth. It was funny to see Aubrey jealous. She gave me a stare before Matt cleared his throat and gave me a smile before explaining that me and him went wayyy back. We met in the foster system when me and sam where assaigned to his house. When me and Sam got moved, our bond kinda broke off but me and Matt still saw each other. Actually, we saw a lot of eachother. (At this point Aubrey was red as a tomato)More than my druggie  kf a mom would be proud off. I giggled at Aubrey's stunned expression but it didn't last long before she basically threw herself at Matt. In seconds her face was smothering his and her hands were gttting tangled in his hair. I gasped at how fast it happened. Seriously, that girl moved quicker than a shark in open water, heading towards its prey. Sharky snarky Aubrey.
"Heyyyyy blondie! We just met" He siad as he pushed a very angry Aubrey off of him. Oh gosh this was priceless. Aubrey stick out her lip before glaring at me.
"And anyways, I have my eye on someone else". I must have imagined what happened next because he winked t me. No. He didn't. He couldn't have. Butterflies erupted in my stomachs. Aubrey stormed off with her high heels clicking away, leaving me and Matt in awkward silence.
"Sorry about her" I siad meekly, trying to cover up the awkwardness that was flowing in between us. But then again, it shouldn't be awkward.  I spent 3 years of my life with him.
       "Naw don't worry bout it" Matt always was calm about stuff. I had to admit though, the tears have been good to him. Matt has gotten taller and more muscular. We chatted for a few quick minutes and then the tardy bell rang.
       " I guess I'll see ya later DT"
       " yeah... I guess so" butterflies were pounding at my stomach as he slipped a piece of paper in my hand. I opened it to find his number. Old school Mattie. I laughed at the memories before remembering myself that I had to get to class. I couldn't fathom the excitement. The chat wasn't just a quick catch up and then forget about eachother, he asked me out on an actual date. He referred to it was a meetup but I knew him better than that! I wa showing on a date with Mathew Norlin. I couldn't believe it. I had to tell Avery.
——-
     "HE DID WHAT"
       "HE ASKED ME OUT! WERE GOING THURSDAY TO CAFE DES ROIS!"
      I giggled as Avery asked question after question about each and every detail of Matt.i answered every question happily without a second thought.
"If he does anything to hurt you all you gotta do is type in ol sissy avery's numero and ill have a quick chat with this Matt boy" I giggled at Avery's words then i heard Micheals footsteps in the hallway so quickly said bye to avery and hung up.
"Who was that?" Micheal asked boredly.
"Avery Whiles" My voice was small and my stare stayed on the ground. My door creaked as Micheal shut it and i let out a breath i didn't even realize i was holding. then the wave of reality hit me. i had a date. Not just any date, a date with the boy i used to dream about. I smiled broadly at my thoughts and fought the urge to dance around my room. I payed back on bed, staring at absolutely nothing and let my thoughts roam on every topic i could think of. i had no homework, nothing to study for, no brother to watch, no alchohol to hide, basically nothing to fear. I was starting to feel somewhat safe in this house. I hope micheal didn't mind. My phone went off and i jumped at the i firmiliar noise, knocking me off the bed with a thud. i grabbed the vibrating phone and slid across my room to my dresser, sitting at my chair before hitting the answer button.
"Hello?" my voice came out better than i thought it would.
"Hey, is this Denasia" the voice sounded firmiliar but i couldn't quite place it. it was deep and loud and the owner of the voice was in the back of my brain.
"Y-Yeah. Who is this" i cursed myself for stuttering but listened mesmerizingly on the other side of the phone, waiting for a response. silence. i head breathing low and steady.
"Hello?"
"Denasia, this yo dads bud. He tol'— I hung up the phone before he could finish his words. My breathing sped up. my heart was racing in my chest. my vision was blurring. how did he get my number?!? tears brimmed my eyes and i fell to the floor, clutching my knees to my chest. Ringing filled my ears. Micheal was running towards me. my body felt numb but at the same time i felt him rubbing my back. Tears were falling freely now and i let a sob escape. The world was spinning. i couldn't breath. i couldn't breath. he knows where i am. he's going to come after me. he's going to hurt us. he's going to kill sam. i stared at the blurry purple tinted wall in front of me. Micheals face came in front of my view and i shifted my gaze to in between my knees, curling up in a ball. micheal held me like he would hold his own daughter. i felt his chest rising and falling slowly. His touch slowly faded in and i could feel him rubbing my back. the ringing stopped and i didn't even realize i had wrapped my arms around Micheal, so we were hugging in the corner of my room. my sobs echoed through the room. my heart beat slowed and the tears stopped and instead of feeling cold, i felt warm in micheals arms. not as warm as sam or avery but still, i didn't feel numb or empty. micheal pulled away and placed his hands on my shoulders, looking deep into my eyes. i wiped my nose and looked at him. he spoke in a low voice but quiet.
"Taylor, who was on the phone"
         "My d-my da-ad" tears came back like waterfalls and micheal held me closer. i felt his hand leave my back and grab my phone. then i heard three beeps as he dialed three numbers that i used to call every night. 911.