Chapter 4

Eren woke up with an ache on his back. He's been staying with the Ackerman's for two days and he almost wanted to give up at country side's life style. There were pros and cons, though he won't say it out loud, of course.

Eren had no complaints with the people he lived with, Kenny could be dick sometimes but Eren fully understood the old Alpha's over protectiveness.

The brunette slept in the Ackerman's guest room. It was way bigger than an average hotel room but the furniture was not that great, especially the bed. The mattres was so thin, Eren thinks he slept on wood. Not to mention there's no electricity. Eren was spooked on his first night, big insects would enter the house and flew near the lamp fire. But despite of the fright, Eren discovered new insects and saw the beauty of the night sky.

He never thought about star gazing until Levi mentioned it, he planned to have another round of star gazing tonight, preferably with Levi.

During his first night, Eren didn't notice how hard the bed was, mainly because he was exhausted from wondering and finally got a safe place to sleep. Only in the second night he felt his back ache.

Sitting up, his stomach rumbled. The corners of his lips tugged into a smile. Eren certainly loved the food. He loved his mother's cooking but here, Levi's cooking was amazing because he used fresh ingredients and they were all in the backyard.

After fixing himself, Eren went to the kitchen and helped the Omega prepare the food. He was amaze to how the raven works, Levi trust his nose, and he knew if the food needed more salt or it had too much salt.

"Eren! Good morning, can you give me a hand?" Levi greeted while pointing at the top of the shelf. "I need the pepper."

It was understandable that the pepper was on top, completely out of reach. The single stray of powder could make the Omega sneeze none-stop.

"Can you put a dash on the eggs? I'll just cover my nose." Levi stated once the Alpha had the pepper.

Breakfast ended with no major events, mainly because Kenny wasn't around.

"Umm, I never seen Kenny this morning." Eren inserted on their conversation as they both washed the dishes.

"Oh, he's in the farm. The harvest was in last week and we need to plow the fields, we're having crop rotation and uncle is planning on planting corn this time."

"Oh," Eren was out of words. He had no idea what the Omega was saying, all he grasped was planting corn.

"Speak of the devil, Uncle's here." Levi finished up, folding his apron neatly before placing it on the shelf with little struggle as he stood on his tips toes to reach it. After watching the cute sight, Eren folded his apron and place it on top of Levi's.

"Levi! Hurry up and bring that brat with you!" Kenny called out.

"Oh  no. I can foresee what he'll do to you..." Levi stopped and faced Eren with a worried look.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, uncle had this... philosophy. He believes that everyone should work hard to maintain food on their plate."

"Well, I do agree with that." Eren gets it now, Kenny was going to make him work in the farm. He doesn't have the skill or knowledge but he's willing to learn and help, Kenny did took him in. "I understand, Levi. I'll be fine."

"But-" Levi paused when Kenny called out again. "Okay, but don't push yourself too hard. Yesterday, I take you to town, you must be still exhausted. I'll just tell Uncle-"

"Levi, listen to me. I can do this, trust me."

*****

No, Eren couldn't do this. It was so hard and the blazing heat was eating him up. What's worst was, he only plowed half a strip of the vast field.