They approached me, saying hello and giving me a hug. It was nice, I wasn't always exposed to the public in a casual manner, so it felt nice being at a party where people aren't taking pictures of your like art at an exhibit.

Before I could make it all the way into the mansion, the constant buzzing of my phone demanded my attention.

"I'm sorry. I have to take this." I gave Lacie an apologetic smile before I hid into some bathroom.

"Hello?" I pressed the phone to my cheek, pushing the circular-rimmed glasses up the bridge of my nose..

"You need to get to the studio, now!" Michael shouted, stressing his anger into each syllable.

"What's the problem?" I asked, anger stirring within me from his unexpected outburst. Yet, I wasn't surprised he was yelling at me. It seemed it was the only way he communicated with me these days. "I'm at a party, I can't-"

"The album's deadline has been pushed." He huffed. "If you want to be nominated for any award next year, we have to push the deadline. You need to get in here and finish what you've started."

"But, I'm at a party. I'll come in tomorrow and-"

"This is your career, Molly. It has to be evaluated as soon as possible. If you're here all night you can have it done and ready for the board to examine it by noon." He explained, his voice becoming aggravated with each sigh I breathed. "What comes first?"

_

"What- I don't understand." Lacie knits her brows together, her eyes searching for an answer she knows she doesn't want. "We just got here."

"I know, but there's an emergency at-." My voice become lower as I become ashamed of the realization that I'd done this way to many times.

"Work." She finished for me, looking away from me. "You always do this, Molly."

"Lacie, I'm sor-"

"No, you're not!" She shouts, pulling her hand out of my grasp. "You always- always put work first. Can you even remember the last time we saw each other?"

"Lacie, please. You know that's not true." I shake my head as my mind searched for a time when I didn't.

"Oh, you're right." She nods her head, a devilish smile forming on her lips. "There was a time before things ended with Jimin. But, now you've drowned yourself into work. You've changed and you look beautiful, but I'm talking about who you are. What happened to the caring person I knew? The one that makes time. Is the pain too much, Molly? Did he break you that much that you're only escape is work? Or are you too caught up in the fame? Worried about what people think about you?"

Her words stung like poison. They pierced my heart, suffocating and promising to leave a scar.

"Lacie, please." I whisper, fighting back the tears that began to swell in my eyes.

She sighed, rolling her eyes as she walked away. I followed her back out of the house, meeting valet and asking for my car.

The car ride was silent. Lacie rested her head against the window as she waited for me to drop her off.

My mind was flooded with the words she spoke, tightening it's grip around my heart. The pain in my chest grew, realizing she was right.

She was my best friend, and I only pushed her out.

I'm sorry.

_

I locked the door, resting my forehead against it as I released the tears I'd been trying to hold back all night.

Soft sobs escaped my lips as I clutched my chest, wanting to stop the pain from devouring me.

A soft, soothing voice filled the silence of my home, causing my body to jolt back in surprise. I looked around, finding seven boys with worried looks on their faces.

"Molly?"

I quickly brushed away the tears, forcing a smile to my lips. "Hey." I chuckled dryly. "It's three in the morning. What are you guys doing here?"

"Molly, what's wrong?" Jin approached me, locking me in his arms.

"It's nothing." I shook my head, trying to escape his arms.

"Babe," Jungkook's soft voice echoed in my ears as he approached us. "you can tell us." He whispers, holding Jin's shoulder as they both looked down at me.

Babe. Term of endearment that we all used. We all called each other names of endearment, except Jimin and I. His drunken words pop back into my mind. He admitted he was jealous. If he was, why would he never show it? If he was, why wouldn't he just claim me as his?

I scanned the room for the man in question, finding him hiding behind Yoongi. His eyes fixed on Jungkook. They finally met mine, and he looked away shyly.

"I just wanna go to bed." I looked away. Jin released his hold on me, watching as I walked to the staircase. I looked back at them, scanning for one person in particular.

"Where's Joy?" I asked, hoping she'd follow me to my room so I wouldn't spend the night alone.

"She's at home." Namjoon explained. "She had some things to do."

My heart dropped, reminded of the fact that she'd be on the phone with Seulgi.

"I-I don't wanna be home alone." I played with my fingers, not wanting to look into their eyes.

"I'll stay."

||

a.n.

Who do you think stayed?