FOURTY FOUR

December 20

[ Molly POV ]

Silence hung in the air like the moment before glass falls on the ground, shattering into millions of pieces in slow motion. It seeped into my skin like poison, paralyzing me from speech as I mindlessly walked towards the unnatural lights that constantly flashed and died.

Was it peaceful silence or was it poisonous silence? Is the silence before the storm considered good?

As I got closer to the exit, I held a deep breath, preparing myself for the storm. Before reaching the door, a warm hand wrapped around mine, intertwining our fingers together.

I smiled down at the feeling that came with his touch. His hands that held me tightly, reassuring me of safety and love.

"I've got you, babygirl." Jimin whispered, his voice filled the silence with peace.

He pushed the door open, pulling me closely behind him as he guided me out.

The silence pressed on me and all I could hear was the faint sound of my heartbeat and my rhythmic breathing. It seemed as if my world was moving slowly and all noise was stolen by the silence. Every shout of my name was a distant murmur and every flash of light lasted longer than ten seconds.

It wasn't until Jimin wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me into his chest, that my senses were restored and everything seemed normal again. I breathed heavily into his chest, feeling shivers down my spine at the commotion of people calling my attention, wanting answers for their questions regarding my crash.

The drive home wasn't peaceful either. My body would jolt at the sound of a honk or when thunder boomed through the city, unleashing a rain pour of cats and dogs.

But Jimin never let go of me. He kept me in his protective arms, whispering sweetly into my ear and kissing my temple.

Like always, I felt safe.

_

The sound of cracking wood filled the living room along with the pitter patter of rain droplets hitting the window as the fire illuminated our faces while we sat in front of the fireplace.

With a cup of hot chocolate in our hands, Jimin and I sat by each other while a yellow blanket wrapped around us.

"Namjoon told me you were coming to me." Jimin spoke softly.

I nodded, taking a sip of the hot chocolate before speaking. "I didn't know what I was going to say. All I knew is that I wanted to be with you."

Jimin smiled, looking down at his almost finished cup of hot chocolate. He placed it down, taking my hand in his. "I never stopped loving you, Molly. Mr. Choi said you weren't allowed to our events any longer, so I made up lies for you to stop coming because I didn't want to tell you the truth. You started getting upset and it was all my fault, but I couldn't handle seeing you so upset. All you wanted to do was be there for me but I pushed you away. So I thought the best thing for you would be if I made you hate me. Then, you'd stop coming, but I regretted it the instant I did it."

Putting my mug down, I pulled him into my chest, rocking him softly in my arms. The tone in his voice was enough for me to know he'd been beating himself up. He was suffering just as much as I was.

"I'm sorry." He whispers, snaking his arms around my waist.

"It okay." I kiss his forehead. "We're here now and that's all that matters."

"Molly," he pulled away, cupping my face in his hands. "I promise I'll-"

A soft chime interrupts Jimin and then there was a knock on the door.

Jimin's sighed, rolling his eyes away from mine. "What a perfect way to ruin the mood." He mumbled to himself, but I laugh at his comment as I watch as he walks towards the door.

Without staring into the peephole, he swings the door open.

"Mom? Dad?" Jimin has shock written all over his face. Conflicted between hugging them or sending them off, he stood still as his eyes remained focused on his parents.

I immediately sat up from the ground, wrapping myself in the yellow blanket. All I had on was Jimin's oversized hoodie and white socks.

"Hello." I smiled softly, brushing a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"Molly." Jimin's mother smiled sweetly, approaching me with open arms. She wrapped me into her embrace, swaying me side to side.

"Dad!" Jimin shouted, watching as his father charged towards me and his mother. Jimin's mother pulled away, standing beside me as her husband shook long strides towards me, an unreadable expression on his face.

"Hello, Mr.Park." I said, bowing politely.

When he stopped in front of me, I could see the tears in his eyes and the swollen skin around.

Almsot instantly, he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into a hug. I gasped at his action, confused to what was going on.

"I'm sorry." He said softly, a tone I'd never heard before. "I treated you wrongly and I judged you without knowing you."

I smiled, resting my head on his shoulder as I looked to the side, seeing Jimin's mother cry into her hands.

"You make my son really happy and I failed to notice that." Jimin's father sniffled. "Please, forgive me."

The weight of rejection from Jimin's father was lifted from my shoulders and I felt relief fill me euphorically.

I nod my head, tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Of course." I smile, looking past his shoulder. Jimin had his hands to his face, wiping away his tears. I reached my hand out to him and he neared us, taking my hand in his and hugging his father from behind. Jimin's mother joined us, hugging me as well as we all cried happily.

Mr.Park let me go, turning to hug his son. "Jimin-ah, I'm sorry."

"It's okay, dad." Jimin sniffled, patting his father's back.

Mrs.Park wrapped her arm around me, rubbing her hand up and down my arm for warmth.

"Welcome to the family."

||