11 - Why'd I Do That?

This whole chapter is in Freddies POV

"I know you see, somehow the world will change for me and seem so wonderful." Sam quietly sings as she helps me set up some equipment for iCarly. I smile to myself, remembering when we had that really big party with Cat and like most her school ages ago. Sam sang great during that, but she insists she didn't.

"Sam." Maybe she'll accept a compliment on her singing now that it's just the two of us.

She hums in response, stopping the song but not looking up from whatever she's doing.

"You're a lovely singer." I tell her. When I see her completely stop what she's doing to look down and hide her face, I know I've made her blush. Which is extremely hard to do. I've only managed to do it twice in my life. Now, and a couple weeks back when I complimented one of her outfits that made her look amazing.

Once her blush is somewhat under control and she's managed to replace her smile with a straight face, she looks up at me. "Thanks, Fredbag. You're not to bad yourself."

"I haven't sang in front of you though." I say trying to throw her off. I know I have and i know she'll remember because it was with her and Carly and Gibby.

Carly.

"Yes. You have." She looks at me as if I'm the dumbest thing she's ever seen in her life. "Me you and Carly literally sang Coming Home together. You sang and rapped. With Gibby."

She stiffles a laugh and I playfully shove her shoulder. "Yeah, yeah. It was really bad though."

"No. It wasn't. You're a great singer. You also sang a couple lines at the big party with Cat and her friends many years back. Remember? You sounded great there too." The corners of her mouth turn up and she walks closer to me and places her hands on my shoulders.

Oh. My. God. Carly did that yesterday. I try to shake the thought off and I rest my hands on her hips, pulling her closer to me before I kiss her.

We pull apart and she speaks. "I'm still better though."

I chuckle and properly wrap my arms around her, embracing her. She follows suit and she snakes her arms around my neck.

"I know, baby." I whisper in her ear. Causing her to shiver. I let out a laugh and let her go.

Suddenly, my phone buzzes in my pocket. I pull it out and check who it is.

"Who loves you?" Sam jokes. "Besides me, obviously."

Rolling my eyes, I reply. "Carly, apparently. I'll see what see wants."

Sam visibly stiffens. Oh no. Does she know what almost happened yesterday? Does she somehow know Carly almost kissed me?

I quickly check the message.

Carls
Hey Freddie. When do you want me to come round for iCarly rehearsals? ;)

Thankfully Sam was had walked away and sat down on a table whilst I checked the message and didn't see the winky face. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding onto and reply.

Me
Come now if you want. Sam is here and ready to rumble.

Carly sends back a smiley face. I guess she's on her way.

"Sam?" I question, she looks over at me. "You good?"

Secretly, I hope she doesn't know about the almost kiss. I know it's wrong to hide that but what if she thinks I initiated it?

"Hmm? Yeah. Of course!" She smiles and I return it. "What did Carly want?"

"To find out when to come over for rehearsal." I truthfully reply. She nods and plays with the hem of her plaid shirt.

We unintentionally matched shirts today and I find it the cutest thing. We're both wearing blue plaid. I think we've officially turned cheesy.

-

Carly had turned up a couple hours ago. We have finished rehearsal but she just stayed to hang out. Sam's still here too because Cat is staying at her friend Jades house tonight and Sam doesn't want to be alone just yet.

Currently, I'm in the kitchen, grabbing us all a Peppy Cola each and some chips. I hear footsteps behind me, making me turn around to look at whoever was the culprit. It was Carly.

"Hey." She smiles at me, her brown eyes sparkling. I can't lie, she's definitely cute and I do kind of feel something for her, but it's probably just a stupid little crush. Besides, I love Sam.

"Hola." I reply. I've been wondering when my next Spanish outburst would happen. "What are you doing down here?"

She laughs lightly, grabbing the drinks out of my hand setting them on my counter. "I just came to talk to you."

I sigh. "Oh. Okay. What about?"

She inches closer to me but for some reason I'm frozen to the spot. "Oh... you know..."

She wraps her hands around my neck and before I can process what's happening, she's kissing me. I do the dumbest thing and kiss back, placing one hand on her waist.

Finally, after what feels like forever, she pulls away, staring into my eyes. I try to ignore the spark I felt as our lips met, but it's still there. This isn't right, this isn't how it's meant to go.

I hear a gasp near the studio doorway and I quickly look over. Standing right there with a hand over her mouth and her eyes wide is my blonde headed demon.

"Sam I-" She cuts me off before I can finish my sentence.

"I don't want to hear it. I'm going home. How could you do this to me?" She asks, her voice furious. She storms towards my front door and opens it, turning around to speak once more before leaving. "Carly.. Your my best friend. How could you?"

She slams the door as she leaves. This is all my fault, I should have pushed Carly away, but I didn't. I let my little tiny crush on her get the best of me and now I've lost my girlfriend.

Why'd I do that? I've really messed up now.