Chapter 5

Seto's POV

I curl up into a ball on the floor, trying my best to protect myself from the group of bitter slaves around me. This wasn't the first time they had bullied me while working, but this was the first time they had a story.

"What is going on?!" I hear Brice say in a strict voice and all the slaves look at him. I knew exactly what it looked like to him, so I just keep my face hidden and protected.

Brice's POV

I look around at all of the slaves, a frown clear on my face. I couldn't believe the picture before me. One of the girls was on the floor crying while the other girls were comforting her and the boys were surrounding Seto. This looked very much like Seto had messed with one of the girls, but I knew Seto. He wouldn't do that.

"See what I mean?" I hear my father say from behind me. I didn't know he had followed me. I roll my eyes and then look at one of the slaves.

"Grant. Please explain what is going on." I say, expecting him to be 100 percent truthful with me, though I knew he had a vendetta against Seto.

"We were all just going about our work when Seto came up and tried to order us around. He was acting like he was better than us just because you chose him. Sammy tried to calm him down and talk to him, but he just pushed her to the floor. We all had to restrain him from doing more." He says, all the slaves remaining silent, but it was obvious that all of them were going with this story. I sigh, looking at Seto and going over to him. The slaves move out of my way as I do, expecting me to punish Seto for what he "did". I gently touch Seto's head, trying to get him to calm down a little bit. Once he realized it was me, he glances up and whimpers slightly. Instantly my expression becomes dark.

"Grant. Sammy. You and the others will have your work doubled for this week. Should this happens again, you will be working in the stables." I say sternly as I scoop Seto up, easily carrying him. I had never realized how small and fragile he was until now. The slaves look at me with wide eyes.

"Now Brice, don't be irrational. You completely disregarded their story-" My father starts to argue, not liking my decision.

"Because that's all it is. A story. I don't want to hear anymore of the matter." I say before walking off towards Seto's room. He was still shaking ever so slightly in my arms and his breathing was heavy. This obviously was not the first time this had happened. I had seen it happen before, but I hadn't been able to do anything about it. Now I had the power to get them to stop, at least for a little bit.

We get to Seto's room and I go inside, immediately closing the door then moving to set him down on his bed. I sit down on the bed next to him and sigh. He was sitting in the fetal position, taking his own routine to calm himself down, which I let him do. I didn't want to try to help him unless he asked me to. It tore me to shreds that this had happened even after I had chosen him to be mine. I wanted to help him and protect him, but it turned out I was still struggling to be his protector. We stay in this calming down state until suddenly Seto takes in a sharp breath and rushes to the bathroom connected to his room.

"Seto? Are you okay?" I ask, going over to the doorway, slightly confused. I hear coughing and what sounded like him rummaging through a cabinet. 

Seto's POV

I quickly look around for my spell book. Yes, I hated that I was cursed with the ability to use magic, but if I was going to hide it, I needed to hide it the way a sorcerer would, not the way a regular human would. I find the book and sigh softly, glad I had stashed the book in the bathroom today. I never expected that the magic would spike while I had the person who controlled my whole life in my room. I look in the mirror and see the familiar brown eyes with unwanted purple specks staring back at me. I open the book to the page I had bookmarked and read the runic letters under my breath. Within seconds, my eye color reverts to being just the normal brown I was used to. I hated to admit that every time I did this, I did feel like I lost a little bit of power until the temporary spell wore off. 

"Seto...?" I hear Brice ask again and I smile very softly before hiding the book again and opening the door. Before I say anything, I take a second to notice that Brice looked very concerned and his blue eyes were soft, just like I remembered them when we were little and I would accidentally hurt myself.

"I'm okay. Sorry to have worried you, Master." I say with a small smile, seeing Brice relax and smile as well. I was glad to know that he was comforted by the fact that I was safe. 

"Okay. Good. You had me worried there." He says as we both go to sit on the bed again. "Also, please don't heed what the slaves say. Next time they start to beat you up, try to get out of there and find me. I don't trust what they say. They never liked you all because they think you get better treatment. You never did before, but you will now. Since you are mine and I can decide that. I will never let them be better than you. Or hurt you as long as it's in my power." He continues, obviously rambling just a tiny bit. 

"Thank you. For everything." I say as I just smile more at him. He looks at me for a second before smiling more as well and nodding softly, us both at peace in this moment.