Chapter 4

Seto's POV

Crap... the pain got worse the more I tried to ignore it. I quickly found an empty room and closed the door, locking it as well. I almost fell to the floor as soon as I did that. My hands started to glow purple and I shook my head.

"Not now!!!" I muttered beneath my breath. I stumbled up and put a hand to my head, moving to set the items Brice had given me onto a vanity that was in the room. Once I got the items sat down, I glanced in the mirror connected to the vanity. That's when I realized my eyes were glowing purple now too. That had never happened before!!

This couldn't be happening. Not while Brice's dad was still trying to find a good reason to get rid of me.

Suddenly a surge of power went through my body, a purple aura just surrounding me now. The purple aura got stronger until it just up and left my body. Great thing, right? No. It sounded like a thud and the purple aura left my body like water ripples when you touch it. That wasn't too bad, but it left me very exhausted. I looked back in the mirror and my eyes had gone back to their natural brown. I sighed and grabbed the papers after making myself look presentable again. I left the room quickly and headed off to Brice's dad's office again.

Brice's POV

I took a deep breath once Seto had left. I almost lost myself there. Hearing him call me that was one of the best things I could ever ask for. And hearing him say he wasn't my father's and was all mine was even better. I couldn't understand why my dad hated him so much. I knew my dad only let Rin keep him because she had always dreamed of having a child of her own and he didn't want to take that away from her once she found him.

I loved Seto so much though. If only I could tell him that, but I didn't know how well he would take it. And I'm pretty sure that's why my dad made my training start so early. He didn't like the idea of me being so close to Seto. I honestly think my dad doesn't like the idea of me liking a guy. He's tried multiple times to get me to go to girls' "coming of age" parties and I would go, but I don't like any of them in the way I think he wanted me to.

I shake my head, sighing as I go back to work. I was currently doing work on a group of sorcerers that apparently went into hiding when I was younger. We had caught some of them according to my dad and from what we managed to get out of them, it seems to be the family of mischief every normal human tried to execute. I honestly didn't know why everyone hated them so much. Sorcery interested me a little bit and I would love to meet and actual sorcerer, but father would never let me because he believes everything they say is a lie. I don't completely trust that, but I understand his feelings. He said a sorcerer killed my mother when I was young. Actually, I'm pretty sure I was two when my mother died, so I'm not too beat up over it. It honestly doesn't make sense why sorcerers would up and kill my mom. I've read her journals and diaries my father tries to keep from me. It looked like she admired the sorcerers. I think about this a little more before going back to doing my work, patiently waiting for Seto to come back.

It's a little while before I start to worry for Seto. He should've been back by now. He is usually back within 15 minutes and its been nearly 45. Maybe he stopped to talk to Rin? No, he still would've been back in 30 minutes at the latest. I get up and leave my office, sighing softly as I go to search for him, heading to my Dad's office first. "Seto??" I call out, trying not to seem too worried. I didn't want anyone to think we were anything more than Master and Slave. Though I did wish we were more. I look around thoroughly, very concerned as to where he was. I reach my dad's office and go inside after knocking.

"Hello father. Did Seto deliver what I asked him to?" I ask softly, being a little suspicious of my father. He looks at me with piercing blue eyes. His blonde hair that matched mine was slowly fading to a light grey. I really did look a lot like him, but our personalities do not match at all. I think I got my personality from my mother. He studies me as I stand before him, doing nothing to anger him for fear he wouldn't be truthful to me about Seto.

"I don't know why you chose him, Brice. He is not reliable. Since he was little we didn't know if we could trust him. What if he is from a bad family and all this time he has been gaining our trust so he could sneak criminals into our house." He says, avoiding my question.

"Please don't go on this rant again. He is a great person and would never do anything to hurt us. Well, he might you since you keep picking on him." I say, frowning slightly since I didn't like the fact that he was trying to get me to lock Seto away or banish him from the house.

"You don't think! Rin found him at a young age, yes. But it was right after the big break in and no matter who we asked, they all said they never saw him before! You don't even want to consider that he may be a part of... that family." He says stubbornly, not backing down from his beliefs. I couldn't stand hearing him talk bad about Seto. It wasn't right. He did nothing wrong.

"Just stop! Even if all that was true, I wouldn't abandon him. He has done a lot for this family and if he did turn out to be a sorcerer, then fine, but I wouldn't force him away just because of that." I say before a scream rings through the building.

"Seto..!" I say under my breath, instantly worried that the scream had something to do with him.