Chapter 2

((Hey guys! I'm out of school for the rest of summer, so I'll be free a lot more now! Except for the first weeks of June, because I've got a lot of stuff going on then, but I plan on updating a lot more now! Any ways, here's the second part of this book! I'll be updating the others later either tonight of tomorrow, so bear with me. Here we go!))
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"If he was a sorcerer, he would be in big trouble. Sorcerers are banned and everyone knows that. And if there is a sorcerer, they are labeled and have to go through a check every month." I hear Master say. Everyone shuts up and turns to the front. He was staring straight at me and I cower slightly, looking down, the hood of my cloak casting a shadow over my face. This man scares me a lot, especially with his hate of sorcerers.

"Relax. Today is a big day. You all have a chance at becoming my son's servant for his 18th birthday. You will come to his every beckoning call." He said before calling Rin to his side to show an example. "Rin comes when I call and she has since she was fifteen, when I had to choose. She is not only a servant, but she is a great friend." He finishes before having Brice come out to stand on the other side of him.

Everyone stays silent. Brice had bright golden hair that was spiked up a bit, and glowing blue eyes that sparkled when he was happy and were cold when he was upset. He was wearing a royal blue shirt with casual black jeans. You could clearly tell that he was his father's son.

"Everyone, introduce yourselves. Say your name, age, and... hmm... a hobby." Brice says loudly. First to go was a 14 year old boy named Grant. Second was a 17 year old girl named Sammy. Everyone goes until it was time for the last person to go... me.

I sighed before speaking up. "My name's Seto. I am at the age of 16 and my hobby is reading." I explain in a slightly bored tone.

"You forgot your last name, bookworm." Sammy yells to me as the rest of the slaves laugh, making blood rush to my cheeks in embarrassment and anger.

"Silence everyone! Seto, please, remove your hood." Brice says before I slowly take of my hood and look him in the eyes, my brown eyes having both confidence and fear in them. "Now... please tell me your full name." He says, his voice kind and gentle.

"I do not have an official last name. As you know, I was found by Rin when I was 4 while she was taking care of you. I cannot take her last name since I am not officially her son and I was not adopted into her family. As for my birth family name, I was too young to learn of it." I explain to him, my voice slightly cold since I was still hurt by the fact that he quit talking to me years ago.

"It's time to choose now. Brice. Choose wisely. You cannot change who you choose afterward." His father says, shooting a quick glare at me which causes me to frown and flip my hood up again. Brice keeps his vibrant blue eyes on me for a while longer before taking quick glances at everyone else.

"I choose Seto." He says quickly, his eyes landing on me again as I look at him with surprise, not knowing if he was joking or not. The other slaves all look at me in surprise and dissatisfaction, as well as Brice's father. I knew he didn't like me, but I had just been chosen to be Brice's slave.

Brice smiles very slightly before dismissing the other slaves, who were all fuming. I keep my eyes on him until he motions for me to stand in front on him, which I quickly obey. He smiles more and reaches up slowly before pulling my hood down.

"You look better with it down." He says simply, smiling still.

I stare at him with slightly wide eyes. I had so many questions, but I didn't know if I should speak. He chuckles softly before sighing.

"You can say anything you like. I'm not stopping you." He says, looking at me calmly.

"I-I uh... Why...? Why me?" I ask, needing to know why he chose me and not someone else.

"Because. You're my friend. And I trust you." He says softly, making me a bit nervous inside.

"Tr-trust me...?" I ask quietly, him nodding.

"Of course. Unless there's a reason I shouldn't trust you." He says and I quickly shake my head. "Good. I go show you to your room. It'll be right across from mine." He says with a wide smile.

I nod slowly and start to follow him as he walks deeper into the huge house that was soon to be his. I look around in amazement. I have been around this house many times, but that was with Rin and she had been sure to make sure I never looked around too much. We reach the end of a hall on the top floor of the house eventually. He points to one room.

"This room is my room. You can come in here anytime you like after knocking if you need anything. The other room across from mine, is yours. You can do whatever you like with it." He says happily and I tilt my head.

"Uhmm... why isn't my room around where Rin's is? I thought that was where all the people like us sleep?" I ask curiously and Brice laughs.

"Once you have been chosen, your master gets to choose where your room is. Rin's room is where it is because that's the closest room my father could have her stay in that was near where most of her work would be. I just happened to choose that you were closer to me." He says softly, smiling widely. I blush very slightly.

"Why's that?" I ask quietly and he thinks for a moment before answering.

"Because I miss having you close to me. I miss being able to just play outside and have fun with you. I know I randomly left you when all of my duties started coming into play, so I want to make it up to you." He says simply, causing me to look at him with surprise.

"Really?" I ask, him nodding. I could tell he was being genuine because I definitely didn't tell him how hurt I was, and I knew Rin wouldn't tell him either, so these were his genuine feelings. I smile softly and the then he sighs.

"I'll let you get situated and move your stuff from Rin's room to your room. You remember how to get back, right?" He asks and I nod, smiling still. "Good. I'll start filling you in on everything tomorrow." He says happily before leaving me in the hallway, him needing to be somewhere I guess.

I start to walk back so I could go talk with Rin and get some things. This was definitely going to be an exciting and interesting adventure.