The Life Of A Teenage Half-Vampire Part 56

Start from the beginning

"I'm not sure if I love Wade, Ness."

"Then why did you marry him?"

"We were drunk... very drunk. I wish I didn't go to Vegas now... but even if I am pregnant, I got pregnant before then. We haven't had sex the whole time we've been married!"

"You didn't have a honeymoon then, I take it?"

"Nope. Just a combined hangover."

"How could you go for so long without sex?"

"He's an ass!"

"Nice."

"He is. He didn't wanna fall into the cliqué of being married."

"I'm gonna go call Carlisle. You might not be pregnant!"

"I hope so."

Hallie curled up into a ball on the chair. I wandered away as I called Carlisle, begging him to come here without telling my parents why. I didn't tell him, even. He said he would say he was going to visit a patient. I was just lucky that no one was home when I called. My parents had gone on a triple date with Alice and Jasper and Emmett and Rosalie, whilst Esme was packing the last of our belongings into boxes.

Hallie nervously wandered around the inside of the small house awaiting Carlisle's arrival. I felt nervous, too. Carlisle had helped Clare when she was pregnant with Tyler... as I heard the car pull up outside, my head snapped and I froze.

Footsteps... then, the doorbell rang. I managed to answer it, because Hallie couldn't move at all.

"Hello, Uncle Carlisle," I smiled brightly, winking. He understood my cover immediately.

"Renesmee," he returned the smile. "What do you need me here for? Are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm fine," I announced. "Umm..."

I walked over to Hallie, and Carlisle followed.

"This is my friend Hallie, from school," I introduced. "Hal, this is Carlisle. My uncle."

"You treated me for a sprained ankle when I was sixteen," Hallie spoke for the first time in ages. "How do you stay so awesomely young?"

"Uh... it's our family genes," Carlisle smiled. I looked away.

"Okay, we did ask you to come here for something," I said to Carlisle.

"You aren't pregnant, are you Ness?" Carlisle asked skeptically.

"She isn't," Hallie spoke up. "But... I might... be..."

"Oh," Carlisle sighed. "I wondered why you asked me to bring certain things."

"I just need to know," Hallie whispered, looking down.

"What makes you think you're pregnant?" Carlisle questioned.

"I took a pregnancy test," Hallie sighed.

"Ah, I see," Carlisle said thoughtfully. "When was your last period?"

"The same day I took the test, they ended," Hallie replied.

Carlisle frowned.

"They only lasted two days, and they were really light," Hallie continued. "I thought..."

"That maybe it was just spotting," Carlisle finished.

"Exactly," Hallie sighed.

I stood by and watched as Carlisle did his doctor business. It was my dream job, to follow in the footsteps of my grandfather. I smiled delightfully as I helped him with a few things.

In the end, Hallie learnt the truth.

"Oh, my God," she sighed. "I'm gonna be a mom..."

"Uh... you have to tell Wade now," I reminded her. "And your parents."

"I don't have to tell my parents, do I?" she frowned.

"They always find out," Carlisle smiled. "Well, Renesmee's did, anyway."

"Shit... and you don't even live with them!" Hallie cried.

"It's not as hard as you think," I smiled encouragingly.

"You don't know my parents," she sighed.

Carlisle left in a hurry, announcing that my father would be looking for him. It was his excuse to leave us alone.

Halllie mulled over her pregnancy and marriage, announcing that she would tell her parents that afternoon. It was a big secret that she couldn't keep from them.

I strangely wondered when I would next bear a child...

Hopefully, it wouldn't be too far away. I wanted to be pregnant again.

In the last few years, so many people I knew were having children, including myself.

I smiled as I thought of how much I loved Isabelle.