The Life Of A Teenage Half-Vampire Part 60

Chapter Forty-Six... Time To Start Our New Future

I spent the entire night with Cody. It was romantic, and the whole night went perfectly. We ate, we talked and we drank wine. I'd never had wine before, but learnt that I couldn't get drunk no matter how much I drank. It was quite amusing.

As I awoke the next morning in Cody's bed, I silently slipped out of his bed and gathered my clothes. I had to call and check in on Isabelle. Mom had rang me earlier on in the night to tell me that they had sent Jacob home, and would keep Isabelle until I got home. I didn't plan on spending the whole night, it just kind of happened.

"Hello, mom?" I whispered into the phone.

"Morning, Renesmee," mom replied with a small giggle.

"Sorry, I didn't plan to stay here all night," I explained. "But Cody and I were having so much fun, and we kind of... umm yeah never mind."

Mom laughed.

"I know what you were up to, don't worry," mom chuckled. "It's perfectly normal, you know. I always hoped you two would end up back together."

"Well, I do need to talk to you and dad about something when I get home," I sighed. "It's kind of important."

"Oh, you're not pregnant, are you?" mom said loudly.

"What? No!" I laughed. "It's about college."

"Oh, thank God," I heard my dad sigh in the background.

"Well, come home soon," mom pleaded.

"Okay, I'll be there soon, mom," I promised.

And we hung up.

I took a quick shower, and Cody walked into the bathroom just as I climbed out of the shower. He gasped and chuckled as he saw my wet, naked body.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Cody said, turning to walk out of the bathroom.

"Hey, it isn't anything you didn't see last night," I teased.

Cody laughed.

"Yeah, I suppose," he agreed, wrapping his arms around me. "And it isn't anything I'll never see again."

"True," I grinned as he kissed me.

"So I guess you have to go home," Cody sighed.

"Yeah, gotta go move all my things to Alaska," I frowned. "I hope you'll come up soon. I'm gonna miss you so much."

"I'll be there to say goodbye in a few hours," Cody promised.

"It's not goodbye, Cody," I said simply. "It's more like 'I'll see you soon."

***

I made it home in just under an hour. When I arrived, the last of our furniture was being loaded onto the truck that stood parked on our driveway. Alice and Jasper were walking around the perimeter, most likely discussing something totally meaningless... Emmett and dad were wrestling... Carlisle and Esme were watching the movers blankly whilst wrapped in each other's arms... mom was moving all of the cars from the garage... and Rosalie was attempting to calm a screaming, restless Isabelle.

I got out of the car and moved over to my daughter and my aunt.