The Life Of A Teenage Half-Vampire Part 56

Chapter Forty-Three... Hallie's Secrets

As Hallie sat across from me, I could tell that her secret was a big one. She had gone silent, and I wasn't sure if she was going to tell me. I waited for her, but she remained silent. She had been in Mexico for the last month... with her family.

Or had she?

"Hal, are you okay?" I asked, waving my hand in front of her frozen face. She blinked, looking at me.

"Uh..." was all she managed to say. I frowned.

"If you don't wanna tell me, you don't have to," I said hesitantly. "But I am a good listener."

"Wade and I got married," Hallie blurted out. My face developed into absolute shock.

"Oh, my... when?" I asked, hardly able to form words.

"Well, I only stayed in Mexico for two days," Hallie said, looking away from me. "My parents got into a fight with dad's sister, and yeah I left and met up with Wade in Vegas."

"You got married in Vegas?" I asked candidly.

"Yep," Hallie replied. "Classy, huh?"

"Yeah..." I gasped. "Wow, you're married!" I said excitedly.

Hallie's face fell.

"My parents don't know that I've been married for almost four weeks," Hallie sighed. "Or that I'm married at all... or that I might be pregnant..."

My mouth fell open.

"You might be pregnant?" I asked quickly. "Define 'might'."

"Like I had a positive pregnancy test," Hallie said nervously.

"Umm... then it's pretty definite?" I asked.

"Well, I also got my period," Hallie sighed. "Two days before I took the test. But it only lasted two days, and I had all the other symptoms. So I took the test anyway... I need a doctor!"

I sighed, and Hallie looked utterly confused.

"Does... Wade know?" I managed to ask.

"Not yet," Hallie sobbed, tears suddenly streaming from her eyes. "I didn't wanna tell him... until I know. I mean, we don't even want to be married... we have only been dating for like, 3 months! I'm not ready..."

"Wow, I've missed a lot..." I sighed helplessly.

"I've had the greatest time, but this wasn't the holiday I planned," Hallie sighed.

"You should go see a doctor," I said, frowning a little. "Pretty soon, would be good."

"See, that's what I wanted to ask you..." Hallie began.

"You want me to ask my Uncle Carlisle?" I finished her sentence.

"Please? I want someone who I can trust not to tell my parents, and Dr Cullen is trustworthy. And he's your uncle." Yes, Carlisle posed as my uncle. It was perfect, actually.

"I'll ask him."

"Thankyou!"

"You know... he might say no."

"Ness!"

"I'll ring him and ask him to come here."

"So... what happens if I am... pregnant?"

"He'll tell you?"

"Very funny."

"Well, you don't have to keep it, Hal. Especially if you aren't ready. But I'm a mother, and I love it. It's truly an amazing thing. But it's up to you..."