The Life Of A Teenage Half-Vampire Part 11

Clare and I took a seat at a small café next door to the bookstore. She ordered enough food for a small army, whilst I went simple and ordered a small plate of chips. After all, breakfast this morning was two elk, and a large mountain lion.

"Not hungry, Ness?" Clare asked. I shook my head.

"Big breakfast," I smiled. She knew what I meant.

"So I bet you're keen on marrying Jake, aren't you?" Clare said glumly. "I wish Quil was still with me..." she added, tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Yeah, I am," I said happily. "And Quil doesn't know what he's missing."

"He's given up his wolf side for Mira," Clare sobbed. "Jake told me yesterday. I thought I was hearing things. There are only a few wolves left now. Embry isn't giving it up, no way. Sam is hoping his son will become a wolf too, so then he can retire and age with Emily. And Seth... Seth is too busy with Amamda lately. He hasn't phased for a while."

"Jake won't quit," I said curtly. "He wants to live forever with me. He keeps phasing, though he doesn't need to."

"Yeah," Clare muttered blankly.

"I wish Billy would have lived long enough to be at our wedding..." I whispered sadly. "Jake wanted him there."

"So if I'm your maid of honour," Clare asked suddenly. "Who are your other bridesmaids?"

"Umm... mom, Alice, Rose, Esme..." I rattled off quickly. "And Kayla."

"Oh, nice," Clare smiled. "I won't be the only human in the wedding party." I chuckled.

"No, you won't," I smiled.

I looked around at the other tables. I noticed a familiar-looking woman sitting at a table nearby. I couldn't remember where I had seen her before, but she eyed me curiously. She had obviously seen me before. I looked away quickly, but as I looked back the woman had moved from her seat and was now heading toward us. I felt a little nervous, then noticed Clare was watching her too. The woman approached our table; her scent was unfamiliar, but her face was. Perhaps I had seen her from a distance... or in a photo...

"Hi, sorry for staring," the woman said quickly. "But you look familiar. What's your name?"

"Umm... hi," I mumbled. "Er... I'm Renesmee. Renesmee Cullen. Who are you?" Clare just stared at the woman blankly.

"Cullen?" the woman repeated.

"Yeah," I replied. "Who are you?"

"Are you related to Bella Swan? I mean... Bella Cullen?" the woman said thoughtfully. "Or Edward Cullen?"

"Yeah, they're my parents," I smiled. "Why? Who are you?"

"My name's Angela," the woman replied. "I used to go to school with your parents. I was at their wedding. My father married them. Wow, you look a lot like them... so beautiful. What are they doing now?"

Angela could talk a lot. I remembered seeing her in the photos at Charlie's. She had hardly changed in seventeen years.

"Oh, yeah," I said excitedly. "You're Angela Weber!"

"I was, until I married," she smiled. "Now I'm Angela Cheney. I haven't seen either of your parents since their wedding... seventeen years ago."

"They're great," I grinned. I flashed my perfect, sharp white teeth at her. They could be dazzling at times.

"When did they have you, umm... Renesmee, is it?" Angela asked curiously. Clare still remained silent; she usually was like this when I had to lie my way around the family secret.