The Life Of A Teenage Half-Vampire Part 33

Chapter Twenty-Six... Jacob Returns To Town

I had spent most of the night crying. My eyes were dry, and I had barely slept. My parents would be in soon with Isabelle; I could hear her talking to herself in the living room. I dreaded the day... I wondered if I would see Cody, and I wondered where we stood with each other now. A shiver ran down my spine. Would Cody tell anyone my secret?

I got out of bed and headed out into the living room. I was spending a lot of nights at my parents' cottage lately... lucky, Isabelle loved the extra attention. She was certainly spoiled! As soon as she saw me, she began trying to climb out of the crib in the lving room (my room here was a bit too small for her to share with me... it was full of packed boxes ready for our move to Alaska). I quickly raced to her and pulled her out.

"Good morning, bubby girl!" I said brightly to her, trying not to show my hurt. She was smart, though; she saw right through it.

"Momma, don't be sad," she said in her soft, beautiful little voice. She then gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"I'm okay, Izzie," I reassured her. She frowned.

"Momma, don't lie," she grinned. I laughed, then put her down on the floor. She ran over to the kitchen where my dad was making breakfast.

"Morning, Nessie," he smiled. "Did you sleep alright?"

"Not really," I sighed. He would have read my mind, anyway.

"Cody stopped by early this morning," dad continued. "He gave me this note."

I frowned before taking the note from him. I opened it nervously. It read:

"Renesmee,

I don't know where we stand. I need time to think. I haven't told anyone about you or your family, and I'm not going to. I always knew you were different, but I never thought it was anything like this. I had heard rumours about your family from the past but never believed them. You should keep an eye on Anna, she's determined to find out who you are and expose you. If you're moving away... make it soon. I still love you; this doesn't change that. I hope that you can understand why I need some time. I'm sure you can; you're a smart girl.

Take Care.

Love, Cody xoxo"

I was glad to see he was keeping his promise. I fought back tears as I folded the note and put it in my pocket. I loved him, too. And he still loved me, so maybe there was hope for him after all. Hope for a future with him.

I readied myself for the day; I had planned to pack up everything at my cottage and move into my parents' house until we moved to Alaska. Isabelle would be able to stay in the same room as me, because everything packed would be stored at my cottage. We were moving in just four short weeks... it was a little hard to think about, though.