The Life Of A Teenage Half-Vampire Part 38

Chapter Twenty-Eight... Parents Know Best

I stormed angrily through the door of the cottage. Isabelle ran confidently behind me. I slammed the door behind me, and both my parents glanced at me briefly. Dad had been talking about getting a new car for himself ready for Alaska, and he would leave the Volvo here. We had struggled with the car arrangements; Rosalie was taking her red convertible, mom was taking her Ferrari; Carlisle would take the Vanqish, whilst I would drive my hot pink Ferrari. Emmett had his Jeep, and Alice had the yellow Porsche. Esme would be driving Carlisle's black car... and dad had the Volvo. He had planned to get Jasper to drive his car whilst he drove the new car, but then Jasper went out and bought a BMW.

Now we had too many cars. My Beetle would be staying behind at first... until I travelled back with mom to get it.

As I walked through into the living room, dad gave mom an odd look. They were communicating silently.

"He's still an ass!" I scoffed. "Thinking we would get back together just because he dragged himself all the way here from wherever the hell he came from! Oh, he makes me so angry!"

"Nessie," mom sighed. "What did he do?"

"He put his arm around me and kissed me on the cheek!" I screeched. "Yuck!"

Dad chuckled uncontrollably. Mom smiled.

"You did used to sleep with him, Ness," she laughed. I frowned.

"Yes, thanks for reminding me," I sighed.

"Did you hit him again?" mom asked curtly.

"Nah," I smiled. "I just ditched him at the beach."

"Daddy looked sad," Isabelle piped up. "He deserves it. Bastard!"

We all looked at her, shocked.

"Izzie!" I snapped. "Where the hell did you learn that?"

"From Uncle Emmett," she giggled wildly. "He teaches me naughty words."

"Does he actually teach them to you?" I asked hesitantly. "Or do you hear them in his thoughts?"

"He teaches me them," she smiled innocently. "He said not to tell nanna or poppy."

"Oh, Uncle Emmett's gonna get it when I see him next," dad cringed, balling up his fists.

"What a terrible thing to teach a young girl!" mom said, shocked. "I thought Emmett had more sense than that."

"Uh-oh," Isabelle said shyly. "I'm gonna be in trouble now."

"Why, baby girl?" I asked her.

"Uncle Emmett's gonna be mad, momma!" she wailed. "I wasn't supposed to tell."

"It's okay, Izzie," dad smiled at her. "I'll tell him that I read your mind. That way, you won't get into trouble."

Isabelle's face lit up. She thought a great deal of my dad; he was a father figure for her.

"At least he didn't teach her anything worse than swearing," mom said thoughtfully. "Like murder, or theft."

"So if she learns to hunt... then she's murdering animals, mom," I snapped. "Do you not want her to learn how to hunt? Do you think it would be better for her not to know?"

"Renesmee, that's up to you," mom stated. "You have to choose if you want her to learn to hunt or not."

"What's better for her?" I asked quietly. "To know? Or to not know?"

"That's your decision, Ness," mom replied. "You're her mother. You have to know."

"My natural instinct is to hunt," I sighed. "But... she's been on human food her whole life. I wonder if teaching her how to use her inner vampire is gonna cause her to go on a frenzy. Or, what if she doesn't like blood?"