The Life Of A Teenage Half-Vampire Part 9

Chapter Eight... Reassurance Is All I Need

The wedding ceremony was beautiful. My mom would have been in tears, could she cry. Instead she smiled happily, and I knew she had never thought that Grandpa Charlie would ever marry again. After all, he and Grandma Renee married young, then fell to pieces. Though they could talk as if they were old friends, there was an understandable amount of tension. Renee, Phil and Kayla had all made the trip from Jacksonville to see Charlie marry. I could hear Renee introducing Kayla to Charlie just after the ceremony... Mom went a little weak in the knees, which was odd for a vampire.

The reception was held at Billy Black's house. We all drove the extremely short distance from the beachside wedding to the Black household. I scowled, knowing I could run here faster with less hassle. Mom and dad both gave me the same disapproving look, though I could tell they felt the same. As we pulled up at the house, my eyes began scanning nervously for Jacob amongst the crowd. I found Rosalie and Emmett getting very intimate in Emmett's Jeep, and quickly averted my eyes as they noticed me open the door. That wasn't something I cared to walk in on again...

Alice and Jasper hid in a corner, whispering to each other. I asked them if they had seen Jacob, but neither of them had. I was getting anxious; part of me wanted to find him, or die trying. The other part of me didn't want to find him at all. But I decided that I couldn't avoid seeing him forever, given that a few hours ago all I wanted was to feel his large hands caressing my face. I would have given anything to see him. Instead, I found my curious grandparents... Vampires could be quite nosy when they want to be.

"Hey, Nessie, what's up sweetie?" Esme questioned. Carlisle gave me an odd grin that I wasn't sure how to interprete.

"Hey, Grandma Esme... Grandpa Carlisle," I said quickly. "Have either of you seen Jake?"

"Sorry, no, love," Esme replied.

"I did before, Nessie," Carlisle said suddenly. "He was looking for your mother, though..."

"Oh," I whispered. "Er... I'm gonna keep looking for him, then."

"Or you could stand with us for a while," Carlisle said, smiling.

"Umm... ok then," I agreed, however reluctantly. I had a feeling I should have just left with some phony excuse, and I was right.

"So, Renesmee..." Carlisle began. "Have you and Jacob been really close lately?" Esme giggle childishly, which was so unlike her.

"Umm, we've always been close," I said, confused.

"He means... intimate..." Esme whispered. I went bright red.

"No!" I said, my face reddening. Had I seen someone else go like this, I would have claimed they were lying. The truth was that the whole topic embarassed me to talk about, even though I had thought about it.

"I'm not ready for that yet," I explained.

"Oh, I thought you would be," Carlisle said quietly. I shook my head.

"I guess I'm old-fashioned," I said, regaining control over my emotions.

"Well, as long as when you do, you play it safe," Carlisle said very doctorly. I went red again.

"Sure, Grandpa," I gasped.

I decided to get out of that conversation immediately. I had caught Jacob's scent whilst I was standing there, so I quickly excused myself and moved quickly to find it. I followed the scent outside, finding Jacob sitting on a fallen tree, staring out into the forest. I walked down and sat beside him. He turned to look at me, then kissed my cheek lightly before looking away again.

"I heard you talking to your grandparents," Jacob said sharply.

"Oh," I muttered. "Umm... I lied to them about not being ready, Jake," I felt like I was digging myself a deeper hole.

"You didn't sound like you were lying," he snapped. I grabbed his chin, and pulled him to look at me.

"What seventeen year old girl would tell her grandparents that she was ready for sex?" I snapped back. "Why would I tell them? They may not be human but they're pretty close to them. So please don't be like that!" Tears welled in my eyes.

"Sorry, Ness," Jacob whispered, looking sincerely at me. I could tell he knew I wasn't lying now, and he kissed me softly on the lips.

"I've missed you, Jake," I said softly, and he pulled me onto his lap. I repostioned myself so that I faced him, and he kissed me again. More passionately this time. It was a heated kiss, and I felt like I could be here for days just making out with Jacob. Years, even. I froze suddenly, though, and pulled away.

"What's wrong, Ness?" Jacob said breathlessly.

"Well... where have you been?" I questioned. "What have you been doing?"

"I needed time, Renesmee," Jacob explained. "Time away from everything. Time to think. I took a trip to Hawaii to see my sister Rebecca. She took me to meet some of her friends. And I got to spend time with her husband... He's awesome. He says that marrying my sister was the best thing that he ever did. I met my nephew Bailey when I was there, too. I'd met Yasmin but not Bailey. Yasmin's eight now, can you believe? Bailey is four... Anyway, it gave me time to think about where my life was going, and I realised that I'm happy. You make me happy."

I smiled, knowing that Jacob was happy. Happy with me. Tears welled in my eyes again, only happy tears this time. He wiped them away with his finger.

"I love that I make you happy," I whispered. I hugged him tightly.

"You make me happier than anything else in the world..." Jacob shouted, picking me up suddenly. I squealed excitedly.

"Let's go somewhere more private, Jake," I said nervously. I knew I was ready for sure, and I knew that he was. It was time to make a committment.

"You have someplace in mind, do you?" Jacob asked seductively.

"Well..." I said thoughtfully. "I don't believe that there's anybody at my house."

Jacob and I ran back to my house. The wind in my hair was thrilling; it had been weeks since I'd raced Jacob through the forest. As I ran, I could feel myself getting extremely nervous. I knew I was ready, but I guessed that anybody would feel this way for the first time. We made it to my house in record time. I hoped my parents wouldn't come looking for me, though if my father read my mind or Jacob's before we left the reception, he would hold my mother off and let us go through with it. I wasn't keen on the thought of them coming home and finding me and Jacob in positions that would have most teenage girls grounded with an extensive sex-talk and a life-long "don't have sex until you're 25" speech, even if they're married.

Jacob and I slipped inside my house; it smelled like roses. I remembered that my mom placed roses on the bench this morning; dad had given them to her. I sat Jacob in my room, on my bed, whilst I changed into something that I wasn't worried if it got damaged or destroyed. Though Jacob was double my age, he was still a virgin like me. I wondered if he was as nervous as I was. I let my hair down; half of the pins had fallen out in the run here, so I wasn't worried at all.

I nervously walked out of my bathroom in a skimpy outfit that I had stolen from my mother's closet just a few days ago; I found it stuffed in a bag full of sexy garments, so I was sure she wouldn't miss it, let alone notice it missing. Jacob was sitting on the end of the bed, only in his underwear. I concentrated on my breathing as I slowly sat on his lap, and began kissing him. I pushed him back on the bed, then we let our conscious thoughts fly out the window, and pure passion take over...