"Isaac!" He sticks his hand out for me to take, I don't hesitate for ma's sake and instantly place my hand in his. He immediately pulls me in for a hug and is patting my back, a little to rough for my liking but I let it go. "How are you son?"

I nearly cringe at the word 'son' but instead I swallow all the pride that I have left and give Fernando a not so nonchalant answer.

"I'm good, thank you."

"Mrs. Matteo.."

I turn around as the restaurant host calls my mother by our last name, "your table is ready," he adds, a stack of menus in his hands. "This way please."

Ma, Fernando, his kids, and I follow behind the host as he takes us to the back of the restaurant in our usual setting, only another table has been added to the side of it to sit a few more people.

Ma takes her usual seat and I sit down next to her right as her brother sits down directly in front of her, his son directly in front of me and his daughter at the edge between her dad and my mother.

The host then proceeds to hand each one of us a menu, telling us that our waiter should be with us shortly then dismisses himself politely. Although pops won't be dining with us tonight, the staff always tends to treat my mother like royalty, careful not to upset her or I and get everything right, the last thing they want is an angry husband, an father, an angry mobsters coming back in.

"So who do we have here?" I questioned, looking in Fernando's direction, averting my gaze towards his kids.

"Oh that's right, you guys haven't properly met yet," he smiles. "This right here," he places a hand behind his daughter, "this is Emelie. And this," he's now facing his son. "This is JD."

I smile awkwardly at the both of them about to pick up my menu to end this conversation, "my oldest, Lina, she's your age, she really wants to meet you but she had to work."

I quickly arch an eyebrow, "she works?"

Fernando nods as he picks up his menus, "we all can't live in luxury," he smiles playfully, but I take it as anything but playful. "She's a grown women, she makes her own money for her own things."

"I mean you could if you really wanted too," I say underneath my breath. "Live in luxury I mean."

"Isaac!!" Ma quickly scolds me.

I immediately regret my choice of words and I'm quickly apologizing to her and Fernando, he disregards it not really making it a big deal, but my mother in the other hand she continues to scowl me as she continues to look over the menu.

I look away from her and glance over at my little cousin Emelie, who has yet to take her eyes off of me. She's quickly climbing out of her chair the next second, standing next to her dad, wanting to get on his lap.

"He looks scary," she whispers loudly into his ear, her tiny brown eyes never leaving mine.

"Who? Isaac?" My mom butts in, pointing her thumb at me. "Nonsense, your cousin loves little kids, isn't that right?"

Great.

I just met this kid and she's already terrified of me.

I nod and lean onto the table, "You don't have to be scared of me, I promise I won't bite."

She doesn't say anything, yet continues to stare me down as her father tries to get her to sit back down in her chair.

"Emie, sit please," he point towards her chair.

"I like your bow," I tell her, pointing towards it. "Where did you get it?"

"My mommy made it," she answers softly.