Chapter 26

-Callie's pov-

We arrive at the hospital and they send me straight back. " alright Callie. This will be your last day of chemo. And the we can start talking about the surgery." My doctor says. To both me and Brendon. He explained what I need to be prepared for. And all the problems that can happen. There is a 50/50 chance. " When can set a date as early as next week-" Brendon cuts him off. " can I have a moment with my sister?" He ask the doctor. " of course. I will go get your things ready for your chemo session" the doctor says as he leave the room. " Callie. Bug. Why are you doing this surgery with it being so risky?" My brother asks me as soon as we're alone. " I-I don't care. Maybe..maybe I will be one of the lucky ones-"
" and if your not?" B cuts me off.  " brendon. If I don't do the surgery and keep doing the chemo and radiation then I will continue to deal with more pain. And headaches. I-I don't want that. I-I'd rather just do it and take the chance." I say to him. He starts to speak but the doctor walks in. And I begin my chemo.

As we leave the hospital the doctor hand brendon my papers. He had to sign a few things so I sit in the waiting room. I had started dozing off. And I didn't notice Tyler walk in and sit by me. " hey babe." I flinch and I'm wide awake. " I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you" he says as he holds my hand. " It's-Its okay. I'm just sleepy." I say to him. " come here" he says. As he gets up and picks me up and carries me out. I started to fall asleep again. " Sleep babe." Tyler whispers to me as we get in B's car. That's the last thing I remember before everything goes black.

I wake up back in my room. I notice ty sound asleep in a chair next to my bed. I quietly get up and leave me room. As I walk downstairs I stop halfway. " She's doing the surgery and I don't think I can talk her out of it.  I'm so scared I'm going to get bad news I'm the middle of it. And I can't handle that. I can't Pete." I here Brendon say. " You need to be there for her man. She's strong. That I've noticed. She's been through a lot. She has a point. If I was in her situation I would choose the surgery to." I hear pete say. " Remember when I overdosed twice? And had pushed everyone away. Almost quit the band. I almost died if it weren't for Patrick finding me. Patrick is my best friend. Along with you and everyone else. The point is. Be there for her. Support the decision she's made. The stronger you are, the stronger she will become. She will make it through this. " He says. I wait for them to change the subject before I walk down. " hey Bug. You okay?" I say. " B ask me as I sit beside him. I nod. " How's-how's your leg?" I ask him. He had it propped up on the ottoman. " it's okay." He smiles. " we are actually about to watch all the avenger movies. Josh went from Taco Bell-" " did I hear Taco Bell" Tyler cuts him off walking down the stairs. And joining us in the living room. " yeah. And Patrick is coming with the guys and we're basically watching marvel movies the rest of the night. " B says. Just then Josh walks in    " Josh did you get my favorite" Tyler asks as josh joins us. " yeah. And Patrick is coming to. They pulled in right behind me. He says. Right as they all pile in. " We're here !" I flinch from the yelling. Brendon had notice. Had he holds my hand and smiles. " we're in here " he says and then turns to me " it's okay. Your okay. Your safe." He says. As he looks over to Tyler. I feel Tyler sit behind me and hold me close. I calm down a bit.

It's just now midnight and everyone is asleep except me. The noise was a bit too much for me to sleep. I get up quietly and make my way to the stairs. I slowly start making my way up. Before I bump into someone.  I had almost fell but they grab my hand. " woah there. That would've been bad. B would also kill me" I look up to see pete. " I- Sorry" I say as I move out of his way. " it's okay. How are you doing?" He says as start to walk the rest of the way upstairs. " I-fine I guess." I turn to see him standing behind me. " that good. " he says. I just nod. He starts to move closer and I back away. " I-goodnight" I say and walk away " Callie wait-" I cut him off by shutting my door. Did pete just try and kiss me?

Another chapter! Sorry it's been so long.

Truth is. I've been in a bad place. A really bad place. And I just didn't have the strength to think or even write. And I know that sounds silly and completely stupid. But that's what depression and anxiety does to you.

I'm doing a little better. And I hope I can bring myself to start writing more.