Chapter 31

It was almost time for Lyra's first tournament and I was freaking out. I mean I'm never this worried! I don't pace back and forth like I have been doing for the past hour! I shook my head trying to calm down.

"Nothing is going to happen to her. She will be right back in your arms before you know it." I said to myself.

"Saphyre breathe! Lyra will be fine!" Laurn told me for the hundredth time now.

Why was I so worried? If she is anything like my old Lyra, which I know she is, then you have nothing to worry about. She is strong, brave, fast and brilliant in every way. I let out a big sigh before finally sitting down. I hadn't realized how bad my feet were hurting from all that pacing.

"There you go, calm down. If she is anything like you say she is she will do terrific!" she cheered.

"Yeah, she will be fine." I muttered.

"Time to go to the tournament and watch our Lyra kick butt!" Clayton cheered. He has been so pumped up about this I can't even wonder how he isn't nervous.

"Aren't you a little worried?" I asked standing up once more. Damn my feet really did hurt.

"Yeah, but every student needs to get their butt kicked to learn more." he said happily. "Lyra is too good to get her butt kicked though." he quickly added as I felt my face begin to turn white.

"She will be fine. Now lets go before we are late." Laurn said giving Clayton a dirty look before taking my arm and walking me outside to where the tournament was set up.

"This is cool." I said once we got closer. They had set up bleachers all around a dirt filled arena. There had to be about two hundred people there already and there was still a bunch filing in.

"We normally do a bunch of tournaments all year long, but we stopped when you came along." Clayton chuckled.

I smacked his arm. "I didn't mean to cause that much trouble!" I yelled angrily.

"Not just that, but with the mating ceremony and Lucian. There was too much stuff to do and not enough time for other fun activities." he said trying cheer me up.

"All because of me." I muttered.

"Yes, but you are the best thing that has happened to me so I would do it a million times over if I had to." he smiled.

I wanted to stay mad, but how could I when he said stuff liket that. He placed his hand on my now red cheek before placing a quick kiss on my lips.

"Clayton." I growled. "Not here." I muttered, looking at all the faces that were looking in our direction.

"What, don't want to show our love for each other in public?" he frowned.

"No, but you know I don't like bring attention to myself. Us kissing is making everyone look over here!" I tried to avoid eye contact with all the people watching us.

"They are just happy to see that their Alpha and Luna are happy together that's all."

"I know." I muttered. We stopped talking as we looked around to find seats, but that's when I realized there were two seats right in the front for us. That was the thing that sucked about being the Luna, you always had to sit in the front. Like maybe we rather sit in the back! I quickly sat down and hid myself in Clayton's arm, earning a few awe's from the audience.

"See, us together makes them happy." Clayton chuckled.

"Oh whatever. They need to go find some other couple to awe over." I grumbled.

"Come on Saphyre we are here to have fun and watch our daughter fight. Forget about what everyone else says or thinks. As long as we are together it shouldn't matter." he said placing a kiss on my forehead.