Chapter 28

The plan was set and we were ready for the Hunters. We sent scouts out this morning to watch the area surrounding the territory. I have been working with fighters all morning and afternoon getting them to hide their scents. I was finally down to the last few that were having the hardest time.

"Forget your wolf, become a full human." I said again. I was beginning to get frustrated. They have to gain more control over their human sides.

"This is impossible." one boy groaned.

"No it isn't. You're thinking too hard. Think about how you shut off your senses when you don't need them. Do that to your werewolf scent." I instructed again.

"Well when you put it that way." a girl said. I walked up to her and smelled her neck, nothing.

"Good job. You're free to go." I said smiling at her. Five more to go.

After a few more minutes I was stick left with the boy.

"This is stupid!" he yelled. I think he's like seventeen, his parents said he would fight but he still seems too young.

"This is not stupid. It is perfectly necessary and if you cannot hide your scent I will personally bring you back to your mother and tell her you failed." I growled.

"Sorry Luna." he said bowing his head.

"Just remember who you are talking to. I know I might only be a year or two older than u, but you must learn to control yourself." He nodded and I sighed. "Look, I was the same way when Lucian was trying to make me cover my scent. It took me awhile, but once I figured it out I was the best. Now close your eyes." I said and he quickly did as I said. "Think about your senses, touch, taste, sight, hearing, smell. You got them?" I asked.

"Yeah." he whispered.

"Now I want you to shut off all your werewolf senses. Block out everything."

"What will happen to my strength?" he asked worried.

I laughed. "You will still have that, now do it." I waited patiently and finally he did it. "There, now open your eyes and stay in control."

I watched again as he did as I instructed.

"Did I do it?" he asked proudly.

"Yeah, good job. Now go practice by yourself." 

"Thanks Luna." He bowed before walking off.

I was about to go get something to eat when I heard it.

'They're here!' our scout yelled.

'Everyone take your positions!' Clayton yelled.

I quickly ran around the pack house collecting all the women who wouldn't be fighting and their children.

'Everyone go down to the kitchen! You know the drill!' I yelled checking every room in the house. Opened one door finding a little girl and her baby brother.

"Where are your parents?" I asked softly.

"Daddy is fighting and our mommy is with the Goddess." the little girl said.

I felt my heart dropped. Her mom was dead.

"Do you want to come with me? We are going to the kitchen and I'll give you some cookies." I said holding my hand out. She took it and I picked up her little brother. I quickly lead them to the kitchen where all the women and children were waiting.

"Laurn!" I yelled, looking for Clayton's mom. She was suppose to be leading the evacuation.

"Saphyre! What do you need?" she asked coming from the crowd.