"Max.." I sighed. "what are you doing?" I looked into his crystal eyes. They were half closed and admiring me from under his long lashes, yet they couldn't seem to focus anywhere apart from my lips.

"Nothing." He hummed innocently as his warm breath fanned across my face. My palms began to sweat as Max's face approached mine and I clenched them to try and calm my racing heart.

My body immediately reacted to the proximity and my heart hammered in my chest. I couldn't help how nervous I was around him as he had that that effect on me. Before I had the time to process what happened Max retreated away from me nearly making me whimper from the loss of contact.

I never knew anyone could have that effect on me. I already missed his touch and I didn't know I could be this needy.

I heard Max breathe out a sigh as he sat up on the bed, looking away from me.

"Are you okay?" My hand worriedly reached out to touch his shoulder as his body was facing away from me.

If I wasn't so observant I wouldn't have noticed how Max slightly flinched when I touched him. I couldn't help the frown that appeared on my face as I was confused by what was going on.

He almost cautiously looked at me from over his shoulder. "Yeah, I just realised we have a party to attend and we both need a shower. I'll go first, you can use my bathroom after me and your bedroom is through that door." He pointed at the white door to the right of his desk.

I nodded still intrigued by his earlier behaviour but smiled when he lightly squeezed my hand before disappearing to the opposite side of the room.

Walking through to my bedroom just as I heard the water turn on, I put my bags down and started unpacking into the wardrobe. My room resembled Max's except that I didn't have a desk and the carpet was purple instead of blue.

From what I could gather, this party was a lot fancier than the ones we attended with Cathy before. This made me remember the accident with Derrick and I shivered but tried to forget about the fact that the Alpha from his pack was now living here.

I was hesitating between two dresses but decided to go with a black one. The straps went around my neck and it was quite tight making sure to show off my curves. The length was a bit short, stopping mid thigh and I couldn't wait to put it on.

Snapping me out of my thoughts, Max knocked on my door and told me it was my turn to shower.

After opening the door to reveal a half naked Max, I forgot what I was doing as I stared at his naked torso. His black trousers, that I imagined he would be wearing to the party, hung loosely on his hips, showing off the line of his boxers. My eyes travelled up to where I saw him drying his hair with a white towel. His arm muscles tensed as he tried to stop the water drops that escaped his damp hair and fell down the line of his abs.

I swallowed really loudly and pushed passed him trying to ignore my irregular heartbeat.

"Lex." At that moment I probably imagined him growling out my name. But this was probably just my weird mind playing tricks on me after the scene I had witnessed.

"Y-yes?" I cautiously turned around.

"Here's a towel, you forgot to grab one." He said nonchalantly.

"Oh, thanks." I said avoiding his eyes, feeling embarrassed for the thoughts running through my head.

He took a few steps towards me causing my eyes to snap up towards his. My heartbeat increased as he put his hand against my forehead.

"Hmm, weird." He shook his head and walked away.

I must have been blushing and the revelation only made my cheeks go redder. Rushing into the bathroom to get over the embarrassment, I closed the door behind me and hoped the warmth would help me relax.