4

"it seems like the fever made your gross cheesy lines more-"

"it's not some kind of line or joke, i really meant it."

the heck?

"whatever but firstly i need to put you back on bed." i said, with a cold face when in reality my heart has been damn noisy.

the house' caretaker came with a bowl of porridge and medicine for shuu's fever also a glass of mineral water.

"minamoto-san, would you like a cup of tea?" the house' caretaker asked with a friendly smile.

"no, thank you. i'll leave once i finished with shuu's meal." i declined the offer politely.

the house' caretaker excused herself and half closed the door. i helped shuu to eat his meal. he might be a flawless and immortal looking being but in the end shuu's a spoiled kid when he's sick.

"good job, you could consume your meds by yourself right? i have to go back before the dorm's gate closed." i said.

there's a slight silence for a while until shuu replied.

"you have something to say, kaya?"

he noticed?

"i'm not really sure though."

"tell me."

i sighed a little.

"why do you want to keep your fever as a secret to the kyudo club?"

another slight silence for a while.

"i don't want to be seen as a weak person,"

shuu smiled weakly.

"the mighty kirisaki's kikoushi can't come to the practice just because of a fever? what a disappointment."

stupid.

i cupped his cheek lightly.

"eh? ka-"

"you don't want to be seen as a weak person? the mighty kirisaki's kikoushi? disappointment? you being yourself—fujiwara shuu, is such an achievement. i'm grateful that you're exist as a mortal being who could be sick such as catching a fever. fujiwara shuu without his kikoushi title is still and will always be a strong person or maybe even stronger, at least for me it is that way," why do i get so worked up though?

"shuu's catching a fever is not equal to shuu's being weak."

shuu's ethereal purple orbs looks surprised then changed into somehow relaxed and glistened with a slight dusk light.

once again, shuu embraced me in his arms.

"thank you,"

one of his hand moved to my head, stroking my hair caringly.

"for making me understand about my own existence more, you're surely an important existence to me, kaya."