8

i woke up at eleven in the morning or noon with a terrible neck pain. well i was sleeping with my body sitting on the floor and head on the edge of my bed. i did some amateur massage on my neck then reached my phone. as expected, it is running low on battery and the song sparkle by radwimps is still playing. oh, i also received some texts from shuu.

maybe i should just call him.. my thought said.

"hello?"

"you're finally up?"

"sorry, i was staying up late again."

"with your window widely opened."

"wait, how-"

"i overheard some of your dorm room neighbors conversation at the dining hall this morning, they said that room xx has its window widely opened the whole night."

"hm.."

"you know how dangerous it is to let your window opened on night time right? the air could affect your health in a bad way."

"i know, i was just.."

shuu sighed softly, patiently waiting me to finish my sentence.

"needing some fresh air?" it came out in a question manner somehow.

"kaya, you sounded weird since yesterday—especially after we met seiya." shuu is concerned for sure, his tone showed it all.

"i know you have the rights to not tell me things but i just want you to know that i care for you, i don't want you to be like this."

"like what?"

"uncertain, confused, shocked, sad, angry, mixed emotions. i might be in the denser side when it comes to what others are feeling but if it's about you.. it's different, i could simply point it all."

i took a deep breath.

"let's talk it over on lunch okay?" yes, i decided to tell him the truth.

"anything that suits you, kaya."

"i'll go shower first, see you shuu."

"see you."

i quickly picked up my towel from the door's hanger, took a quick shower, and get dressed in kirisaki's winter uniform. well i have to take care some things related to the school library.

"excuse me." i said in a clear voice.

the library is empty as expected with asada-sensei—the librarian, currently taking her maternity break until the end of the year. and me—being one of the library committee member, get to take care the library. yeah, i'm so damn unlucky at the level i have my shift on sunday alone.

creak.

the library door made a creaking sound, it means someone's entering the library.

the 'someone', standing slenderly tall with a brown silky hair also unexpectedly tired purple eyes and kirisaki high winter male uniform on. it's definitely shuu.

"lunch will start at twelve." shuu opened up the conversation.

with hands still busy tidying the library—i responded, "i know, we still have like fifteen minutes or so right?"

"yeah."

the thought of me telling all of the things happened with seiya to shuu suddenly popped inside my head. it successfully made me lose some of my balance. holy, i really don't want to fall to the floor with these books in my hands.

"there you are."

shuu's calm voice could be heard, his hands are gently supporting my body from the back. then he started to rest his chin over my head, i could feel that he's smelling my hair.

"can't you stop worrying me, kaya?" shuu whispered.

"sorry, shuu." i whispered back, my hands stopped moving.

and the lunch bell rang right after i said 'sorry'.

finals' here killing me slowly, i really want to finish it quickly! well enjoy reading and have a nice day 🌊