Ch. 19 Make You Happy Again

Start from the beginning

He's 17 for fucks sake, why can't he do anything right? He thought so himself. What will happen if he stayed longer? What if things get even worse? And what happened to the vow he kept when he said he wanted to be stronger for Shouto and everyone? Well, he didn't forget it, in fact, he did tried to get stronger.

He would sometimes sneak out of the castle at midnight or when Shouto is asleep and self-train himself in the woods just nearby the castle. Doing some simple workout routines and learning on how to use a sword, for the very first time. Since he isn't much of a fighter to begin with, he of course started with a wooden sword like any other beginners would, he even carved it himself. Having the motivation of wanting to be more stronger for Shouto, the person who always protects him no matter what. He felt that he shouldn't always rely on the male, with being a prince that's going to be taking the throne next in line, he will have great responsibility for his own kingdom and it will surely be stressful for him already, and Izuku wouldn't want to add more stress for him just because he couldn't do anything.

He has already done so much for him in the past year that they have been together, went through so many troubles together. However, it was mostly Shouto being the one to do the hard work, protecting the greenette from harm and hardship, and it only made the human feel even more guilty for not doing anything.

He wishes to be stronger, he wants to be the one who can also protect and help his family and friends, to be useful and not be the one who drags everybody down. He wants to be strong for the one's he loves, he wants power, he needs-

"Midoriya-san?" a woman's voice echoed in the large library. It was Momo coming to check up on him, she is the only one that has been checking up on everyone, 'cuz we all know that everyone has been a bit depressed. First Shouto was not talking to anyone, then the bakuquad hasn't been their usual self, and now even Izuku has non-stable emotions.

"Y-Yaoyorozu-san, um..I'm fine..no need to come and check on me every time.." he was obviously lying, he's known for being a pretty bad liar, too, he admits himself.

He curled up on his sofa-chair, hugging his legs and resting his chin on his knees. He doesn't want to let others worry about him all the time like he really can't protect himself. He isn't a child anymore, he's getting closer to being an official adult, but he's been treated like a little child ever since he knew them, excluding Katsuki.

He tried to show them that he could take care of himself just fine by going out to Shouto's hidden- hidden away from humans that is- kingdom alone to get groceries, purposely choosing not to go to his own village and choosing a more dangerous territory. At first everyone- yet still not including Katsuki- didn't agree to let the greenette go, but he somehow persuaded them- literally just Shouto who couldn't fight against those puppy-eyes of Izuku's- to let him be independent for once.

Which ended in the green haired male being carried back by Shouto from being lost on the way back, and getting into trouble with some troublesome- and may I add, gay- vampires.

That time, Shouto was following him just in case something actually happened, it wasn't that he didn't trust his boyfriend being by himself out there, it's that he doesn't trust the vampires in his own kingdom, knowing that there are some serious reports of crimes of harassment and murder of their own kind. Izuku was a bit betrayed but was still very thankful of Shouto for saving his life once again.

"Midoriya-san, you know that both you and Prince Shouto aren't the only ones who are feeling gloomy, but we all wanted to help each other in their most needed times as well." She sat across from the greenette, sitting elegantly with her posture up right and her legs crossed with both of her hands rested on top of the other on her knee.