15. Get back right.

Start from the beginning

"I told her that I wished it was you that was pregnant and not her. After just finding out the gender of our child." He yelled back.

Sofia's heart warmed a little. To her she had no reason to be remorseful towards this girl. Everyone knew about her and Mateo. They were on each other's social media. On friends social media's, all the public events he went to she was right by his side.

A small smile played on her face before she quickly wiped it off. "Why would she be mad about that?"

"What?" He questioned with confusion. "What do you mean why would she be mad about that?"

"Does she know about me?"

"Of course she knows about you."

"Then why would she be upset that you would rather me, your girl be pregnant than her some groupie ho."

Mateo chuckled at her ignorance. "Because Sofia, we moved past that phase. If we both had it our way she would have been pregnant by the guy she was seeing and it would be you on my end. We've hashed that out already. So it was wrong as fuck for me to say it when I did."

Sofia rolled her eyes as she waved it off. "Do you want to be with me Mateo?"

"You know I want to be with you."

"Then I want me, you and her to just sit down and get some things clear."

"Like what?" He inquired.

"A lot Mateo. We're both clearly going to be in your life. So I think it's important we meet and important that we talk."

He nodded in agreement, but wasn't satisfied in her explanation of what she wanted to talk about. But he wasn't going to push it right now. He was just happy she decided to stay with him.

She sighed, "it's going to take me some time to get back into the swing of things and get past the hurt," she let out. "And I know it's going to dig into me more when I actually see her. But I love you and I want to try and make it work. I want to at least give it a shot."

"Come here," he demanded as she moved closer to him. He pulled her into him, hugging her as he placed a kiss on her forehead. She moved her head as she connected her lips to his. She missed the feel of his lips, she missed him.

--

Jessica got out of her car tired as hell from the 12 hour shift she picked up from one of her colleagues. She worked 10am to 10pm and she was just ready to shower and get in her bed. There were a lot more surgeries that day than she anticipated.

She locked her car and made her way up her steps to her apartment. She heard a car door close as she quickly turned around to see who it was. She expected it to just be one of the other residents who lived over there. But was wildly surprised when she saw Dwayne walking towards her. "Dwayne?" She questioned as she stopped walking, a look of confusion clear on her face.

He had a box in his hand, which she assumed was her stuff. Causing her to chuckle a little it had been well over a month and he was just now deciding to bring her stuff over? "What's up?" he let out as he looked her over. His eyes stopping at her protruding belly. She continued to walk again as she made her way to her door, unlocking it as Dwayne followed her in. Setting the box down once he made it inside.

She looked over at the box and thanked him. "I have your stuff, it's in my room let me grab it." She quickly sat her stuff down and made her way to her room while Dwayne stood by her door taking her place in. He missed her, and he couldn't lie. That was the main reason he decided to finally bring her stuff over. He knew this moment would come and he needed some type of leverage to use to see her. However, seeing her stomach further reminded him why he wasn't with her and why he didn't think he could be. Not while she was carrying the baby at least. She walked back out with the box as he quickly walked over to her taking it.