35: Asset declaration form

Musa was interrogated by the EFCC investigation team assigned to the Alhaji Maitama criminal case.

Musa told them everything he knew in the presence of his lawyer, Barrister Ada who did her best to arrange a bail hearing as quickly as possible.

On the third day which Musa was apprehended, the files against him were intimidating. Aside from the murder charges Gwaggo had filed against him, he is a suspect in Alhaji Maitama's death and he is also suspected for money laundering. If you set aside the cash found at his house and the luxury cars, they also found his farm located in Zazzau which is suspected to be worth at least two billion naira. Everyone keeps asking Musa what he does to be so rich within that little timeframe. Everyone believes he has to be into money ritual!

The court issued a declaration of assets form which Musa is urged to fill up within seven days.

The bail hearing ended in a success with Musa given bail at the sum of twenty five million naira. After the bail algorithm was drawn, even considering his criminal past, the fact that he never failed to appear in court before and his popular image, it was enough for Barrister Ada to convince the court to grant Musa his freedom.

So Musa is arraigned and the next court hearing was set at two weeks later.

Musa had not left until he called upon Hassan to fill up the declaration of assets form. He knew that if he filled it himself, he might not be able to remember it all. Afterall, some of his many businesses are ran by Ya Hassan.

Barrister Ada was a bit worried that Musa might not be able to account for all the wealth but slowly, everything came to light. Her view upon Musa, her client has changed dramatically. With this newfound respect, she felt her resolve tighten because now she believes his innocence and would do anything to get him out of this loophole.

"What about those cars?" She asked.

"They don't belong to him. Heck! I've never seen them before!" Hassan growled angrily.

"I know of only one person who could've sneaked in the cars in time to frame me" Musa declared.

"Who?"

"Who?" They asked at the same time. Musa smiled ruefully.

"Hudu" he replied succinctly.

"What?!" Ya Hassan shouted in shock.

"His house is the closest to that house in Kano Ya Hassan. At one point, he has the keys too. It would only make sense that he had the cars prior and was waiting for the right time to put them in the house so he could frame me" Musa rationalized.

"But Hudu fah!" Hassan wanted to deny it. But it makes perfect sense!

"Amma if it is him, Wallahi Musa, he will regret it for the rest of his miserable life!" Hassan swore.

"Calm down. I've been thinking of how Gwaggo could be connected. Hassan, this is how" he explained.

"What do you mean?" Hassan asked.

"If Hudu betrayed me, he could only have done it through Gwaggo. He isn't bright enough to liaise with anyone to betray me Ya Hassan. He doesn't have the guts but he has information about the people that I deal with and he is someone that I trusted" Musa contemplated.

"Wow! It's very possible Wallahi. But who could've been helping Gwaggo? She didn't know your status until you married Ayeeshah! The time frame did not match!" Ya Hassan pondered.

"Yes. The timeframe did not match. But if the person intending to frame me has been planning all of it, it makes perfect sense that Gwaggo is the best person for him to use in order to actualize the plans. Hudu is the only person who could've had access to that house. And Gwaggo is the only person who could've convinced him to betray me. Remember, after the trial, everyone feared how unscrupulous she could be. Hudu has a soft heart and he isn't gutsy. With her dominating personality, it's easy for her to convince him especially if she threatened him"

"So you mean, someone else is framing you and Gwaggo is helping them do it?" Ya Hassan asked.

Musa nodded. "I told you something is bothering Hudu but you did not believe me. Now that I think about it, he tried to talk to me many times the day of the daurin aure right before I left for Switzerland but unfortunately, I was not in a good mood. The bad news is that I don't know who is trying to frame me!"

Hassan nodded in enlightenment.

"Musa, who is going to gain most if you die right now?" Barrister Ada asked.

Both brothers fell into deep thought. They looked up almost at the same time and a look of shock crossed their features before they chorused.

"Alhaji Mustapha!"

Barrister Ada smiled. "Great. Tell me about him"

.....

Gwaggo's heart could not take the shock when she heard the terrible news that afternoon.

They said that Musa got bail on the sum of twenty five million naira! But what was worse is the rumors spreading about Musa's net worth.

They say that after he filled the declaration of assets form, his net worth is estimated to be around Four hundred million dollars!

Gwaggo had fainted when she heard the news. And even though she came to, she is still suffering from palpitations.

Musa!

That insignificant worm could become so wealthy! The worm she had thought she squashed without mercy! Kyauta's grandson! Impossible! Impossible Wallahi!

Gwaggo continued to talk to herself like she was mad. It took Titi, her house help and friend, a long time to console her to stop. She was afraid that Gwaggo was going mad!

"Titi, do they make enough money to be this rich after doing ritual?" Gwaggo demanded. Titi's fear became real. What if Gwaggo is going crazy?

Afterall, this old woman is aware that Musa did no ritual! She is a part of the planning committee for the downfall of Musa Abdallah!

"Gwaggo, even if he sacrificed his black mother for ritual, he cannot get all of these money. Calm down don Allah. You are no help to yourself when you get agitated!" She snapped.

Gwaggo nodded faintly. "You are right. I need to think. We must get him back in jail!" She exclaimed. Titi threw her a stupid look small small. She is starting to get mad at Gwaggo for having the one track mind which just never learns!

If she was the one whose granddaughter marries Misa, she would side with him and forget all ills. If you have money, there is no reason to fight! She thought aggressively.

"Yes. I know what to do" Gwaggo made a kla sound. Titi could only sigh.

A/N

I can't remember more than half of those I want to dedicate chapters to cox they don't usually comment😫 one year is too long for my short memory wallahi!