Chapter 1

Jungkook's POV.

I went through the castle's corridors as everyone bowed at me while passing. I was not some ordinary warrior or a simple commander. I was no other than the Great General of the royal military - Jeon Jungkook. People like Vice Generals or Role Commanders, during important battles, especially war, are looking towards me for guidance. That kind of role comes not only with a lot of responsibilities or pressure but also with a lot of risks in life. Not only for both my soldiers' and my own lives but for our country's freedom and power too.

"Mr. General" I heard a voice behind me. I turned around and saw the Royal Advisor of the King's family.

"Yes, Mr. Kim" I answered.

"The King is calling you" The man said. I heard him breathe a little unsteady.

"Have you been running?" I asked worriedly. Knowing the man ran to call me.

"Yea, the King said it's an emergency" Said the man evening out his breathing.

"Maybe you have any ideas of what happened so all of a sudden, Namjoon?" I approached the man so no one could hear us, now speaking informally.

"I have no idea Jungkook. But you should rush. He seemed very concerned about something." The man said with honesty in his eyes.

"Ok. Thanks for a warning" I said patting his shoulder and started walking fast to the third castle's floor. Where the King's royal chambers were.

As I came to the door surrounded by guards they opened the double door for me not saying anything and bowed as I rushed inside. As I didn't see anyone in the room I walked towards the balcony.

"My King" I bowed to the man standing upright, facing the outer world ahead of him.

The man turned to me and I stood up straight, now also facing him.

"Oh c'mon Jungkook, we're alone. Get rid of those formalities" The man smiled and walked towards me, soon taking me into his embrace. I hugged him back, holding my friend tightly in my arms.

"I missed you" said the man pulling back.

"I missed you too" I said smiling at him warmly.

"I wish we weren't so busy. But we are the two most important men in this country" Said the King, walking towards the settee to sit in front of the balcony.

"Well, you are, Tae, me... I wouldn't say so" I said sitting beside him.

"Oh stop it Kookie, we both know it's not true and you should appreciate yourself more" He said looking me in the eyes, smiling. "God, I missed the feeling of not being that formal King around you. And you calling me Tae, of course" We smiled at each other, looking one another into the eyes.

"But I guess you didn't call me just because you missed me" I said, knowing something happened.

"I wish I would have. You know, I really should do that sometimes" We both shared an honest laugh and smiled.

"Maybe you should" I said, looking at him again.

"But no, that sadly isn't the case." Said Taehyung looking outside. "I need you to go meet the prince of England alone tomorrow. I have to attend bargains with the Turks and you are the only one I can trust to properly save me from multitasking again" He said seriously, concluding it with a boxy smile that I know so well.

"Oh no. I am going to the bargains with Turks with you. Not only because it's dangerous, but because you'll attend it without me by your side. You know I never trusted them" I said worryingly while Taehyung stood up and went to the balcony again.