Chapter 12

Authors suggestion: read the previous chapter before this one, since the last update was a long time ago 💜

-------------------

Taehyung's POV.

I lay in my bed, eyes open, as I couldn't even try to sleep, my mind was full of ideas, going through the plans for the war and trying to think of the ways I could assure our country's victory.

Was it a good idea to leave Jimin and his soldiers here, to guard the capital?

Is my and Jungkook's army combined with King Yoongi's one enough, to win against our enemies?

Will France's king agree with ours and Yoongi's proposal?

How will the weather be in the upcoming months? Will it be beneficial to us?

Will it rain? Will it pour?

Will there be blood in that water? How many of it?

Will I meet my father's fate in that battle?

Will Jungkook survive this war?

The thoughts that are haunting me right now are becoming too much. My chest is getting heavy like a stone is put on it and someone is pressing it down, harder with every breath I take. I try to breathe in, but with every exhale the next inhale is harder. And harder. When did this room start lacking air?

I raise up from my bed, clumsily going to the balcony. The fresh air does not help at all. It's like it's even harder to breathe here. I go back to my room as quickly as I left it.

Fuck it.

"Guards!"

The doors open up immediately. I try to keep my posture straight. "Ask General Jungkook to come to my room. Right now. No questions. And nobody else needs to know about this, he needs to come alone."

"Understood, Your Majesty. I'm going right away."

As soon as the doors close I fall down to the floor. My feet cannot hold me anymore. Every second it's becoming harder to breathe in. I feel my eyes starting to water. No. NO! You cannot cry. Hold on. Just a couple of seconds more. Jungkook is comming here. He is coming. You will be okay. Once he'll be here. You are going to be fine.

It seems like I've already been waiting for hours. I try to breathe in again. But every time I try, it hurts.

Finally, the doors burst open and then close right away. Someone kneels right in front of me. I feel two hands around my face. They are lifting it up. I see his eyes looking at me, worried as hell, panicked look on the handsome face in front of me.

"Tae, breathe. Look at me, focus on my eyes. Focus on my voice. Breathe in, breathe out, let's do this together. Breathe in" I try. I try so hard but it still hurts. I feel like crying. Like shouting to the whole world how much it hurts "Breath out" It hurts so fucking much. I start shaking my head.

"I can't" I say, hearing my voice shaking, sounding broken even.

"Yes, you can" Jungkook takes my hand and puts it on his chest, right over his heart. I just now understood that his button-up is opened fully. Probably only thrown on while running here "Can you feel my heartbeat? Focus on it. Focus on my heartbeat and my breath" Jungkook starts breathing in and out slowly. I look at our intertwined hands. Mine on his chest and his on top of mine. I start listening. He is breathing in. I try to follow.

Breathing out.

Breathing in.

Breathing out.

"Like that, just like that. Breathe Tae" Suddenly, I feel him pulling me into his embrace. He is hugging me, one of his hands around my waist while another one is still on top of mine.